Your Account Your Account
Start or Stop Utility Service Start or Stop Utility Service
Contact Us Contact Us
Replace standard light bulbs with ENERGY STAR® LEDs.
- Proposed 2020 Commercial Rate Changes
- Electric: <5% increase for electric distribution infrastructure improvements (varies slightly by rate class)
- Water: 0% overall increase (-1.3% rate adjustment for commercial customers based on recent cost-of-service model updates)
- Wastewater: 0% overall increase (1.5% increase for commercial customers based on recent cost-of-service model updates)
- Stormwater: 2% increase for infrastructure improvements
Fort Collins Utilities regularly reviews its rates and makes adjustments to reflect the costs of providing reliable and quality electric, water, wastewater and stormwater services. Utility rates provide the long-term revenue required to meet the needs of each utility. Typically, City Council approves rates by ordinance in November and new rates go into effect in January.
Utilities across the country face common challenges – aging infrastructure, keeping up with technology, and meeting the evolving priorities and needs of customers, including residential, commercial and industrial.
As a municipal utility, one of our roles is to ensure our rates remain fair and equitable. We accomplish this through bi-annual, cost-of-service studies to identify operational expenses associated with the delivery of services.