- COVID-19 Update
The City of Fort Collins is actively monitoring the developments of COVID-19 (coronavirus) and working with City, State, and County public health partners to maintain the use of parks and natural areas.
In line with the "safer at home" guidance provided by the state and Larimer County Health Department, select park amenities are open including:
- Tennis courts, disc golf courses, pickleball courts, handball courts and horseshoe pits (Exception: the tennis courts at Twin Silo are shared with Fossil Ridge High School and will remain closed)
- Port-o-lets will be available in select areas, while restrooms will remain closed
- Park spaces and trails
Golf courses are currently open. Select amenities and league play are not available at this time. Visit the golf webpage for full details.
Additional park amenities including dog parks, playgrounds, shelters, skate parks, basketball courts, and the archery range will remain closed at this time. We are keeping in close contact with public health partners and will continue to open park spaces up for use as we are safely able to do so.
In order to keep our remaining park spaces open for the public, all users are asked to recreate responsibly and follow the guidelines below:
- Refrain from using parks or trails if you are exhibiting symptoms of illness.
- Observe the minimum recommended physical distancing of 6 feet from other individuals at all times. If this is not possible, try to find an alternate location or depart that space.
- Wash or sanitize hands before and after visiting a park/trail space. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Share the trail: while on trails, alert other users of your presence and as they pass, step aside to let others pass.
Additional COVID-19 Resources
For the most current information, visit the City of Fort Collins Coronavirus (COVID-19) Informational Page, as well as the Center for Disease Control, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, and Larimer County Health Department.
- Parks Events and Rentals
All scheduled park activities including practices, games, and events are canceled at this time.
To reschedule your reservation or if you have any additional questions or concerns, please call 970-221-6660.
Algae Treatment at Golden Meadows and Overland Trail Park ponds May 18
Between the hours of 9am-4pm today, Monday, May 18, Aquatics Associates, Inc. will be treating algae at Golden Meadows and Overland Trail Park ponds. They will be in these parks with a silver truck and boat/trailer.
Your Parks. Our Passion.
Our parks and trails help define the Fort Collins lifestyle. Fort Collins currently has over 925 acres of developed park land including 7 community parks and 43 neighborhood/pocket parks. Over 35 miles of paved trails connect our community.
We're passionate about providing you world-class parks and trails. The Parks Department maintains parks, cemeteries, trails, medians and other public grounds for the community. We aim to provide you with a clean, safe and attractive environment to enjoy.
Parks are open daily between the hours of 5 a.m.-11 p.m.
The City of Fort Collins is updating its plan for parks and recreation in the city for the first time in over ten years! Join us in the process to share your thoughts, values and vision for how Parks and Recreation could look in the future.
View an interactive aerial map of all parks and their amenities in Fort Collins.
Outdoor Pickleball Court Map
Keep updated with the status of Fort Collins trails with an updated listing of closures and detours.
Take a look at all the reservation options, guidelines, and applications online.
Do you enjoy working outdoors? The Parks Department is currently seeking Seasonal Parks Utility Workers to join a highly-motivated, talented team of innovators to help strengthen the future world-class stewardship of parks in our community.