The City of Fort Collins is actively monitoring the developments of COVID-19 (coronavirus) and working with City, State, and County public health partners to maintain the use of parks and natural areas.
Complying with recent State and County Stay-At-Home orders City parks have implemented the following restrictions:
- Playgrounds, shelters, picnic areas and dog parks are closed.
- Bathrooms are closed.
- Skate parks, disc golf, and all court sports including basketball, tennis, pickleball and others are closed.
- Golf courses are open for people to walk or run, but in the interest of public safety no golfing (i.e. hitting a ball) activities are allowed.
In order to keep our remaining park spaces open for the public, all users are asked to recreate responsibly and follow the guidelines below:
- Refrain from using parks or trails if you are exhibiting symptoms of illness.
- Observe the minimum recommended physical distancing of 6 feet from other individuals at all times. If this is not possible, try to find alternate location or depart that space.
- Wash or sanitize hands before and after visiting a park/trail space. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Share the trail: while on trails, alert other users of your presence and as they pass, step aside to let others pass.
Additional COVID-19 Resources
For the most current information, visit the City of Fort Collins Coronavirus (COVID-19) Informational Page, as well as the Center for Disease Control, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, and Larimer County Health Department.
Parks Events and Rentals
All scheduled park activities including practices, games, and events are canceled until April 30, 2020.
To reschedule your reservation or if you have any additional questions or concerns, please call 970-221-6660.
Your Parks. Our Passion.
Our parks and trails help define the Fort Collins lifestyle. Fort Collins currently has over 925 acres of developed park land including 7 community parks and 43 neighborhood/pocket parks. Over 35 miles of paved trails connect our community.
We're passionate about providing you world-class parks and trails. The Parks Department maintains parks, cemeteries, trails, medians and other public grounds for the community. We aim to provide you with a clean, safe and attractive environment to enjoy.
Parks are open daily between the hours of 5 a.m.-11 p.m.
The City of Fort Collins is updating its plan for parks and recreation in the city for the first time in over ten years! Join us in the process to share your thoughts, values and vision for how Parks and Recreation could look in the future.
View an interactive aerial map of all parks and their amenities in Fort Collins.
Outdoor Pickleball Court Map
Keep updated with the status of Fort Collins trails with an updated listing of closures and detours.
Take a look at all the reservation options, guidelines, and applications online.
Do you enjoy working outdoors? The Parks Department is currently seeking Seasonal Parks Utility Workers to join a highly-motivated, talented team of innovators to help strengthen the future world-class stewardship of parks in our community.
To learn more about current updates on park closures and notices click the link below. For questions or concerns, call 970.221.6660.
Parks & Rec Hiring Fair
This summer, work for the City of Fort Collins Parks & Recreation Departments! Learn about upcoming opportunities at the annual Parks & Rec Hiring Fair.
When: Saturday, March 28 | 9 a.m.-noon
Where: EPIC l 1801 Riverside Ave.
What to bring?
- Resume and/or job application information such as previous employment history.
- Parent/guardian if under the age of 18.
For position descriptions, to pre-apply, and more information, visit fcgov.com/jobs.