Light & Power#
- provides service to over 70,500 homes and businesses, over 55+ sq. miles - check out our service area
- operates and maintains one of the most reliable electric distribution systems in the country, which is over 99% underground
- constructs, operates and maintains electric substations
- extends temporary and permanent light and power services
- installs and maintains the city's streetlight system (11,000+ throughout the community)
- installs and maintains the city's electric vehicle (EV) charging stations
- provides after-hours troubleshooting, customer service and duty response 365 days of the year
- presenting education programs on electric safety
- helping customers save energy and money
Learn more about development forms, guidelines and regulations; locating underground utilities; and plant investment and development fees in our Builders and Developers section.
The Platte River Power Authority is a wholesale electricity provider which acquires, constructs and operates generation capacity for the cities of Fort Collins, Longmont, Loveland and Estes Park.
Learn more about how our electricity is delivered to you in the Source to Switch video.
The 2015 Energy Policy (PDF 547KB) is part of Fort Collins Utilities' commitment to a cleaner environment, affordable electric bills and a highly reliable system. The policy includes specific targets for energy efficiency, load management and reliability.
Transformer Cabinet Murals#
In 2006, Fort Collins Utilities partnered with the Art in Public Places Program to come up with a plan to help mitigate graffiti, reduce maintenance costs on electrical equipment and add art to the Fort Collins community.
The resulting Transformer Cabinet Murals program works with local artists and non-profit groups to paint transformer cabinets with bright, colorful murals that add a unique identity to Fort Collins.