Your Account Your Account
Start or Stop Utility Service Start or Stop Utility Service
Contact Us Contact Us
Seal and insulate air leaks in ductwork located in attics or crawl spaces.
Light & Power
Safe, Reliable and Affordable Electric Service
- provides service to over 70,500 homes and businesses, over 55+ sq. miles
- operates and maintains one of the most reliable electric distribution systems in the country, which is over 99% underground
- constructs, operates and maintains electric substations
- extends temporary and permanent light and power services
- installs and maintains the city's streetlight system (11,000+ throughout the community) and 10 electric vehicle (EV) charging stations
- provides after-hours troubleshooting, customer service and duty response 365 days of the year
- presenting education programs on electric safety
- helping customers save energy and money
Learn more about development forms, guidelines and regulations; locating underground utilities; and plant investment and development fees in our Builders and Developers section.
The Platte River Power Authority is a wholesale electricity provider which acquires, constructs and operates generation capacity for the cities of Fort Collins, Longmont, Loveland and Estes Park.
The 2015 Energy Policy (PDF 547KB) is part of Fort Collins Utilities' commitment to a cleaner environment, affordable electric bills and a highly reliable system. The policy includes specific targets for energy efficiency, load management and reliability.
Transformer Cabinet Murals
In 2006, Fort Collins Utilities partnered with the Art in Public Places Program to come up with a plan to help mitigate graffiti, reduce maintenance costs on electrical equipment and add art to the Fort Collins community.
The resulting Transformer Cabinet Murals program works with local artists and non-profit groups to paint transformer cabinets with bright, colorful murals that add a unique identity to Fort Collins.