Social Media Disclaimer#
The City of Fort Collins makes use of social media to engage residents to learn about needs and concerns, contribute to relevant conversations, and promote City programs and services. Despite efforts to keep the City-provided information timely and accurate, users should be aware that the information available through this social media tool may not be timely, accurate, or complete. No communication to the City of Fort Collins through this social media shall be deemed to constitute legal or official notice for any purpose. Users are encouraged to consult with appropriate non-City professional advisors for advice concerning specific matters before making any decision, and the City of Fort Collins disclaims any responsibility or liability for positions taken by individuals or entities in their individual cases for any misstatement, misunderstanding and losses, directly or indirectly, on the part of the users.
The City of Fort Collins’ use of external social media tools is provided as a public service. The City of Fort Collins disclaims liability for ads, videos, promoted content or comments accessible from any external web page. The responsibility of external content or comments rests with the organizations or individuals providing them. Any inclusion of external content or comments on external social media web sites does not imply endorsement by the City of Fort Collins. The City of Fort Collins reserves the right and may choose to reprint comments/materials placed on the social media web sites to other media, such as by providing comments/materials to City staff or City Council in private or public settings.
We reserve the right to remove comments/materials from City social media tools when those comments/materials, in the City’s sole discretion, are:
- Potentially libelous
- Obscene or sexually explicit comments
- Hateful or mean-spirited
- Personal attacks, insults, profane, name-calling, or threatening language
- Plagiarized material or material that potentially violates intellectual property rights
- Private, personal, and other confidential or restricted information published without consent
- Commercial promotions or spam
- An individual may only submit 5 posts/comments on a particular topic within 12 hours; any additional posts will be considered spam and will be removed. Comments that are part of a continued exchange with others, including official City accounts, are exempt
- Off topic or that link to material that is off topic
- Embedded images from external sources
- Violate any law or promote the violation of any law
- Encourage or constitute prohibited discriminatory or harassing conduct
- Made by a person masquerading as someone else
- Any information that the City is permitted to protect from public disclosure under the Colorado Open Records Act
Additionally, the City reserves the right to terminate a person’s ability to post comments/materials or otherwise participate in the City’s social media tools when the person has repeatedly posted any of the above listed inappropriate comments/materials.