Your Account Your Account
Start or Stop Utility Service Start or Stop Utility Service
Contact Us Contact Us
NEW Boxelder Creek Floodplain Maps Available
As a result of multiple projects along Boxelder Creek, FEMA has approved changes to the maps showing flood risk.
These revisions may change your requirement or cost for flood insurance through the National Flood Insurance Program. Even if not required, flood insurance is recommended.
Only properties remaining in the floodplain are subject to the City’s floodplain regulations.
For more information, contact Heidi Hansen, 970-221-6854 or aGhhbnNlbkBmY2dvdi5jb20=.
Flood Protection, Drainage Basin Planning and Stormwater Quality
Fort Collins Utilities Stormwater Department:
- Works to help protect people and structures from flooding, which is a serious threat to Fort Collins
- Assists with emergency response through the Flood Warning System
- Develops master plans for drainage basins in the city
- Develops floodplain maps with specific information about the flooding risk in each basin
- Manages floodplain regulations that provide the specifics about how existing and new developments are managed to protect people and structures within the floodplains
- Works on drainage improvement projects that are designed and prioritized to provide cost-effective flood protection for a 100-year rainfall event
- Works to protect and maintain the quality of streams, rivers and other vital water resources including irrigation ditches (PDF 4.12 MB)
Learn about the City's Stormwater Quality Permit. The City's stormwater drainage system connects directly to the Poudre River. Protecting stormwater quality keeps our waterways healthy and preserves wildlife habitat.
Learn more about stormwater development guidelines for residential and commercial, plant investment fees or locating underground utilities.
Find out how to prevent pollutants from entering the City's storm sewer system during outdoor festivals and events (PDF 466KB).
Read the power washing guide (PDF 1.9MB) to find out how to handle the wastewater.