If you are having difficulty paying your bills, contact us as soon as possible at 970-212-2900 to set up a payment arrangement or to be connected with one of our partner agencies that distribute payment assistance on our behalf. For Utilities updates about COVID-19, visit fcgov.com/utilities/covid-19.
Customer service representatives are available by phone at 970-212-2900:
- 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
- 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Wednesday
- Closed major holidays.
Payments and account balance checks may be made with Visa, MasterCard or Discover using our 24/7 automated phone system.
V/TDD: Dial 711 for Relay Colorado
Send your payment and bill stub(s) to:
Fort Collins Utilities
PO Box 1580
Fort Collins, CO 80522-1580
Never mail cash. View the "In Person" tab above for options for cash payments.
- Sign up for online billing with our secure system, to view and pay bills with a checking or savings account.
- Make a one-time payment with a credit or debit card.
Customer Service Lobby
222 Laporte Ave.
Fort Collins, CO 80521
8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
9 a.m.-5 p.m. Wednesday
Closed major holidays.
Payments also can be made 24 hours a day online, over the phone or by mail.
A dropbox is located on the east side of 222 Laporte Ave. in the alley (map) near Butterfly Cafe. Payments are collected on weekdays. Do not place cash in dropbox. Payments are not processed the same day.
Payments also can be made with third parties, such as King Soopers or Walmart; however, processing takes several days longer and may result in additional fees.
Payments are no longer accepted at First National Bank.
Residential Payment Assistance#
Fort Collins Utilities partners with local organizations to provide efficiency, conservation and bill payment assistance programs, including low- or no-cost resources that keep utility costs down. Programs include:
- Income-Qualified Assistance Program (a discounted utility rate for qualifying customers)
- Payment Assistance Fund (one-time bill payment assistance)
- Medical Assistance Program (a discounted rate for medical-qualifying customers)
Property Managers & Rental Owners#
If you own a rental in Fort Collins, complete the Property Owner Information Form (PDF 67 KB) to make sure we have up-to-date, essential information about the utilities at your rentals (electric, water, wastewater and/or stormwater).
Your selections will remain in effect for a minimum of one year and will:
- inform us how to handle utility services at your properties during tenant vacancies
- authorize disclosure of limited account information to property managers
- allow us to notify you when a tenant's account is delinquent
Telephone Consumer Protection Act
Utilities customers authorize, and consent to the City of Fort Collins and/or its outside agencies, counsel, or other agents to contact them in connection with any matters relating to unpaid past-due charges.
Did You Know?
Fort Collins Utilities is committed to quality. See our annual Water Quality Report.
Changing your hot tub setting to "economy mode" can save energy and money.
Planting fast-growing vines is a quick way to block unwanted summer sun. You'll get results in months.