Commercial Stormwater Rates#
- Electric: 2.3%-3.9% increase based on cost-of-service model updates (varies by rate class).
- Water: 2% increase to help with fire-related water quality impacts and watershed health costs.
- Wastewater: No rate increase.
- Stormwater: No rate increase.
Utility rates help pay for construction and maintenance of our stormwater system, which helps protect residents and businesses during storms and floods. All developed properties within city limits pay stormwater rates, based on:
- Lot Size - lot area in square feet, plus the customer's share of open space in the development, if applicable
- Base Rate - $0.00453
- Rate Factor - based on the percentage of impervious area (surfaces that do not absorb water), such as buildings, parking lots and concrete
Rate Factor Category
(based on land use)
|.25||0 - .30||Very Light|
|.4||.31 - .50||Light|
|.6||.51 - .70||Moderate|
|.8||.71 - .90||Heavy*|
|*typical for commercial|
Check out our printable rates sheet for more information.
Estimated Monthly Rate Formula:
Monthly Rate = Lot Size x $0.00453 x Rate Factor