Your Account Your Account
Start or Stop Utility Service Start or Stop Utility Service
Contact Us Contact Us
- 2019 Commercial Rate Changes
- Electric: Average 5 percent increase (varies slightly by rate class), with 3.6 percent for electric distribution infrastructure improvements, and 1.4 percent for increased wholesale power costs.
- Water: No increase.
- Wastewater: No increase.
- Stormwater: 2 percent increase for infrastructure improvements.
Rates pay for construction and maintenance of our stormwater system, which helps protect residents and businesses during storms and floods. All developed properties within city limits pay stormwater rates, based on:
- Lot Size - lot area in square feet, plus the customer's share of open space in the development, if applicable
- Base Rate - $0.0043526
- Rate Factor - based on the percentage of impervious area (surfaces that do not absorb water) such as buildings, parking lots and concrete
Rate Factor Category
(based on land use)
|.25||0 - .30||Very Light|
|.4||.31 - .50||Light|
|.6||.51 - .70||Moderate|
|.8||.71 - .90||Heavy*|
Effective on or after Jan. 1, 2018.
*typical for commercial
Estimated Monthly Rate Formula:
Monthly Rate = Lot Size x $0.0043526 x Rate Factor