Epic Homes and Efficiency Works Homes will never contact you door-to-door to schedule an assessment. If you're approached by someone about scheduling an assessment or participating in the program, ask for identification and call 877-981-1888 to verify the information. You may also report the incident to 970-416-4239 or email@example.com.
Due to increasing concerns about telephone scams targeting residential and commercial utility customers, citizens should be aware of anyone claiming to represent Fort Collins Utilities.
Scammers are also known to target Spanish-speaking customers, demanding payment or claiming meter malfunction.
Residents are advised to never make payments or give personal or financial information to unsolicited callers.
Due to scam issues, Fort Collins Utilities is no longer making outbound "courtesy" calls to customers with past-due accounts.
- disconnection notices are mailed
- past due balances are clearly marked on utility bills
- payments can be made online, by calling 970-212-2900 or at 222 Laporte Ave.
- recent scams have displayed a Fort Collins Utilities number on caller ID and demanded payment due to delinquency or meter malfunction
- recent scams have targeted Spanish-speaking customers
- make note of originating phone number, date, time and other details and report to Fort Collins Utilities (970-212-2900) or Fort Collins Police Services (970-419-3273)
If you receive a suspicious call, hang up and dial Utilities Customer Service at 970-212-2900, or Fort Collins Police Services at 970-419-3273.