Residential Water Efficiency#
Improve your water efficiency with our residential programs and rebates.
- Xeriscape - In a semi-arid climate and unique soil conditions like Fort Collins, xeriscape can save water, time and money in your landscape. Check out the Xeriscape rebates through the Xeriscape Incentive Program.
- Sprinkler Checkups- Receive a watering evaluation and efficient schedule while learning how to find leaks and keep vegetation healthy all summer long.
- Sprinkler Equipment Rebates
- Rainwater Collection - Rainwater collection is the process of collecting, storing and putting rainwater runoff to use.
- Water-Wise Lawn Care - Half of a home's annual water usage typically goes toward lawn watering. Use less water and maintain a healthy, attractive lawn with these tips.
- Backflow Prevention and Cross-Connection Control Program - State law requires that a backflow device be installed on any water system that is connected to the drinking water system and carries the potential for cross-contamination.
Plans and Reports#
- Water Efficiency Plan - Learn about our goal to reduce water use to 130 gallons, per capita, per day by 2030.
- 2020 Water Conservation Report - Actions in 2020 resulted in 236 million gallons of water saved and average water use is down 35% since 2000.
- Water Shortage Action Plan (WSAP) - Learn about how Utilities uses water restrictions and other measures to manage its water supply in the event of a projected water shortage.
Payments provided by utilities (including Fort Collins Utilities) to Participants for the purchase or installation of water conservation measures may in some circumstances be considered as (partially) taxable income by the IRS. Participants or their assigns receiving incentive payments totaling $600 or more during a program year and who are not organized as a corporation will receive a 1099-MISC from Fort Collins Utilities in January or February of the subsequent year. Participant, or alternate payment recipient, may wish to consult a tax advisor on this matter.