Commercial Electric Rates#
- Electric: 2.3%-3.9% increase based on cost-of-service model updates (varies by rate class).
- Water: 2% increase to help with fire-related water quality impacts and watershed health costs.
- Wastewater: No rate increase.
- Stormwater: No rate increase.
Electric Rate Class 2021 % Increase Residential 2.6% Small Commercial 3.6% Mid-Size Commercial 3.9% Large Commercial 3.9% Industrial 2.3%
Commercial and industrial electric rates are determined by Utilities' costs to serve each rate class. Rate classes are based on the facility's average monthly demand for electricity (see the Rate Code* column on your bill).
- Small Commercial (E200* series): average monthly demand less than 25 kilowatts (kW)
- Mid-Size Commercial (E250* series): average monthly demand between 25 and 49 kW
- Large Commercial (E300* series): average monthly demand between 50 and 749 kW
- Industrial (E400* series): average monthly demand of 750 kW and above
Did You Know?
Fort Collins Utilities' commercial and industrial electric prices are among the lowest in Colorado, based on a study done by the Colorado Association of Municipal Utilities (CAMU).
*Rate codes appear on monthly bills. They begin with the letter "E", plus the number representing the commercial rate class (e.g. E200, E250, E300 or E400). They also may begin with the letter "A" or "B" for service in an annexed area where additional Rural Electric Association (REA) service-rights fees apply. Fees of 5% are added to "A" rates, while 25% service-rights fees are added to "B" rates.