Your Account Your Account
Start or Stop Utility Service Start or Stop Utility Service
Contact Us Contact Us
- 2019 Commercial Rate Changes
- Electric: Average 5 percent increase (varies slightly by rate class), with 3.6 percent for electric distribution infrastructure improvements, and 1.4 percent for increased wholesale power costs.
- Water: No increase.
- Wastewater: No increase.
- Stormwater: 2 percent increase for infrastructure improvements.
Commercial and industrial electric rates are determined by Utilities' cost to serve each rate class. Rate classes are based on the facility's average monthly demand for electricity (see the "Rate Code"* column on your bill).
- Small Commercial (E200* series): accounts with average monthly demand less than 25 kilowatts (kW)
- Mid-Size Commercial (E250* series): accounts with average monthly demand between 25 and 49 kilowatts (kW)
- Large Commercial (E300* series): accounts with average monthly demand between 50 and 749 kW
- Industrial (E400* series): accounts with average monthly demand of 750 kW and above
Fort Collins Utilities offers programs, incentives and tips to help businesses conserve.
*Rate codes appear on monthly bills. They begin with the letter "E", plus the number representing the commercial rate class (e.g. E200, E250, E300 or E400). They also may begin with the letter "A" or "B" for service in an annexed area where additional Rural Electric Association (REA) service-rights fees apply. Fees of 5% are added to "A" rates, while 25% service-rights fees are added to "B" rates.
For detailed information, see the Fort Collins City Code Chapter 26, starting with section 26-462.