Commercial Electric Rates#
It is Fort Collins Utilities’ rate philosophy that adjustments should be gradual and modest to avoid large increases in any given year.
Small, steady rate increases cover the costs of delivering reliable electric, water, wastewater and stormwater services to our customers now and into the future. Rates provide the funding needed for ongoing maintenance, infrastructure improvements and construction projects throughout our community.
- Electric: 2% increase due to a projected wholesale cost increase.
- Water: No rate increase.
- Wastewater: No rate increase.
- Stormwater: No rate increase
Commercial and industrial electric rates are determined by Utilities' costs to serve each rate class. Rate classes are based on the facility's average monthly demand for electricity (see the Rate Code* column on your bill).
- Small Commercial (E200* series): average monthly demand less than 25 kilowatts (kW)
- Mid-Size Commercial (E250* series): average monthly demand between 25 and 49 kW
- Large Commercial (E300* series): average monthly demand between 50 and 749 kW
- Industrial (E400* series): average monthly demand of 750 kW and above
Did You Know?
Fort Collins Utilities' commercial and industrial electric prices are among the lowest in Colorado, based on a study done by the Colorado Association of Municipal Utilities (CAMU).
*Rate codes appear on monthly bills. They begin with the letter "E", plus the number representing the commercial rate class (e.g. E200, E250, E300 or E400). They also may begin with the letter "A" or "B" for service in an annexed area where additional Rural Electric Association (REA) service-rights fees apply. Fees of 5% are added to "A" rates, while 25% service-rights fees are added to "B" rates.
Did You Know?
You can enroll your electric water heater in Peak Partners and automatically shift when your water is heated.
You can recycle your old refrigerator or freezer and receive a check for $35. Plus, we'll arrange to have it hauled away for free.
The Transformer Cabinet Murals program works with local artists and non-profit groups to paint bright, colorful murals on cabinets.