Your Account Your Account
Start or Stop Utility Service Start or Stop Utility Service
Contact Us Contact Us
Run the dishwasher only when it's full. Do small loads by hand.
FREE Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events
Residents can drop off non-leaking household chemicals. Commercial waste is not accepted.
- household batteries
- paints and pesticides
- fluorescent lights
- cleaning and automotive products
- vitamins and supplements
- personal care products, including hair products and lotions
- mercury-containing items, such as thermostats, thermometers and button-shaped batteries
Items Not Accepted
- bio-waste (needles, bandages)
- commercial and industrial waste
The risk of fire, explosion and spills exists when transporting hazardous waste products, so please prepare items safely for transport, following these rules:
- store items upright in boxes or tubs, not loose bags
- keep similar items together (do not stack)
- containers must be sealed and cannot leak
- acids and oxidizers must be separated
- keep items away from children and pets
Prescription drug take-back
Fort Collins Police Services, 2100 S. Timberline Rd., has a year-round prescription drug take-back program that operates Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-6 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday, 8 am.-2 p.m. For information about other disposal options, check out the City's A to Z recycling list.