Your Account Your Account
Start or Stop Utility Service Start or Stop Utility Service
Contact Us Contact Us
Purchase power strips to turn off selected appliances when not in use.
What We Do
Projects and Improvements
Mail Creek Stream Rehabilitation Project
Stream rehabilitation and/or restoration projects repair areas of streams where the ecology, safety, structure and water quality have changed over time. The Mail Creek Project will reshape and stabilize the eroding banks along a specific section of Mail Creek to improve safety and habitat.
2019 Water, Sewer, Stormwater Infrastructure Improvements
Utilities construction and maintenance crews will continue to replace and make improvements to aging water, wastewater and stormwater infrastructure. This annual pipe replacement program is coordinated with the Streets Maintenance Program (SMP) schedule for efficiency, cost effectiveness and reduced neighborhood impacts.
Halligan Water Supply Project
Water and Wastewater Master Plan
Fort Collins Utilities is in the process of assessing and evaluating water and wastewater pipes and infrastructure to make informed decisions about upcoming projects.
The Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection Master Plan will guide Utilities in maintaining high-quality service and planning for the future.
Downtown Stormwater Improvement Plan (DSIP)
Downtown Fort Collins is at risk for flooding and pollution from urban stormwater runoff from downtown can impact the Cache la Poudre River. The need to address flooding and stormwater quality issues in the downtown area (Old Town Basin) have been identified since the early 1990s. The DSIP will address the five major stormwater projects remaining in the downtown area.
- 2016 Water, Sewer, Stormwater Infrastructure Improvements
- 2017 Water, Sewer, Stormwater Infrastructure Improvements
- 2018 Water, Sewer, Stormwater Infrastructure Improvements
- Boxelder Stormwater Improvements on Prospect Road
- Fossil Creek Trail BNSF Pedestrian Tunnel
- Harmony Road Duct Bank
- Library Park Water and Sewer Improvements
- Lincoln Avenue Storm Sewer Upgrades
- Michigan Ditch Tunnel
- Mountain Avenue Waterline Replacement
- Mulberry Riverside Drainage Improvements and Cowan/Myrtle Waterline Replacement
- Northeast College Corridor Outfall - Phase 1
- Northeast College Corridor Outfall - Phase 2
- Spring Creek at Edora Stream Restoration
- Walnut Street Water and Sewer Rehabilitation Project - Phase 1 -3
Advanced Meter Fort Collins
Through the Advanced Meter Fort Collins (AMFC) project in 2011-2013, Fort Collins Utilities upgraded most of the mechanical electric and water meters in homes, schools and businesses throughout the community with smart, electronic devices that enable two-way digital communication between the meter and the utility.
Fort Collins Energy Policy
The City of Fort Collins’ Energy Policy reflects our community’s values of reliability, safety, affordability, greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reduction, pollution prevention and energy independence. The policy provides goals for the prioritization of decision making, programs and services related to the quantity of use and the sources of energy for electricity, thermal end-uses and transportation.
Water Supply and Demand Management Policy
The Water Supply and Demand Management Policy was originally adopted by City Council in December 1988 to help direct the acquisition, development and management of the City's water supplies since that time. Since it's inception, the policy has gone through several updates, the most recent of which was in 2012.
2015 Water Efficiency Plan
This Water Efficiency Plan (WEP) is an update to the Water Conservation Plan approved by the Colorado Water Conservation Board in 2010. This updated Plan proposes a new goal of 130 gallons per capita per day (GPCD) by 2030.
Electric Service Standards
This policy, and the regulations it implements, are authorized by Section 26- 463 of the Code of the City of Fort Collins. This policy applies to all construction, new development, redevelopment or remodeling.
- 2018 Energy Policy Annual Update (Full Report)
- 2018 Energy Policy Annual Update (Infographic)
- 2018 Water Conservation Annual Report
- 2018 Water Quality Report
- 2018 Drinking Water Quality Policy Annual Report
- 2018 Utilities Factbook
- 2017 Energy Policy Annual Update
- 2017 Energy Efficiency Programs Evaluation
- 2017 Drinking Water Quality Report
- 2017 Drinking Water Quality Policy Annual Report
- 2017 Water Conservation Annual Report
- 2016 Be Flood Ready
- 2016 Drinking Water Quality Annual Report
- 2016 Drinking Water Quality Policy Annual Report
- 2015 Utilities Factbook
- 2015 Drinking Water Quality Report
- 2014 Year End Letter
- 2011 Sustainability Report