Meeting Schedule and Location#
Due to COVID-19, Boards and Commissions are allowed and encouraged to hold meetings remotely via ZOOM. Please see the posted agenda for meeting details.
Regular Board meetings meet the second Thursday of each month at 5:30 p.m. unless otherwise posted (Please confirm meeting location based on the posted agenda).
- Work Sessions meet the fourth Thursday of even numbered months (i.e.; February, April, etc.) unless otherwise posted.
- | View meeting schedule
Located at 222 Laporte Avenue, Colorado River Room, unless otherwise posted (Please confirm meeting location based on the posted agenda).
December 31, 2021 - Jeremy Giovando, Margaret Moore, Stephen Tenbrink, and Susan McFaddin
December 31, 2022 - John Fassler, Alan Braslau, and Dan Gould
December 31, 2023 - Bill Becker
The duties and functions of the Board shall be:
- To advise the City Council and staff regarding the development and implementation of the City's energy policy;
- To advise the City Council and staff in developing City policies that encourage the incorporation of energy conservation and efficiency, carbon emissions reduction, and renewable energy into the development and provision of City utility services, the design and construction of City transportation projects, and the way in which the City impacts the overall built environment within the City;
- To advise the City Council and staff regarding the alignment of energy programs and policies with City, rate-payer and community values and service delivery expectations;
- To advise the City Council and staff regarding the recommendations for improvements to City energy systems;
- To coordinate with other City boards and commissions regarding energy issues;
- To advise the City Council and staff regarding budgetary, rate-making and operational matters related to the electric utility;
- To annually review and provide advice to City Council and staff on the City's Legislative Policy Agenda regarding energy and energy-related carbon issues; and
- To perform such other duties and functions and have such other powers as may be provided by ordinance of the City Council.
Interested in applying?
Visionary and innovative thinkers regarding the community's energy future as it relates to the Plan Fort Collins goals for a sustainable community, the Fort Collins Climate Action Plan, Energy Policy, and Green Building Program.