The duties and functions of the Board shall be:
- To advise the City Council and staff regarding the development and implementation of the City's energy policy;
- To advise the City Council and staff in developing City policies that encourage the incorporation of energy conservation and efficiency, carbon emissions reduction, and renewable energy into the development and provision of City utility services, the design and construction of City transportation projects, and the way in which the City impacts the overall built environment within the City;
- To advise the City Council and staff regarding the alignment of energy programs and policies with City, rate-payer and community values and service delivery expectations;
- To advise the City Council and staff regarding the recommendations for improvements to City energy systems;
- To coordinate with other City boards and commissions regarding energy issues;
- To advise the City Council and staff regarding budgetary, rate-making and operational matters related to the electric utility;
- To annually review and provide advice to City Council and staff on the City's Legislative Policy Agenda regarding energy and energy-related carbon issues; and
- To perform such other duties and functions and have such other powers as may be provided by ordinance of the City Council.
Recommended QualificationsVisionary and innovative thinkers regarding the community's energy future as it relates to the Plan Fort Collins goals for a sustainable community, the Fort Collins Climate Action Plan, Energy Policy, and Green Building Program.
Eligibility RequirementsOne year residency within the Fort Collins Growth Management Area
Meeting ScheduleRegular Board meetings meet the second Thursday of each month at 5:30 p.m. unless otherwise posted.
- Work Sessions meet the fourth Thursday of even numbered months (i.e.; February, April, etc.) unless otherwise posted.
APRIL 26, 2018 WORK SESSION HAS BEEN CANCELED
PLEASE NOTE: The April 12, 2018 Meeting has been rescheduled to a joint meeting with the Water Board on April 19, 2018 at 5:30 p.m. at 222 Laporte Avenue, Colorado Room
- | View meeting schedule
Meeting LocationColorado River Community Room, 222 LaPorte Avenue, unless otherwise posted.
Time Commitment4-6 hours/month
December 31, 2018 - Greg Behm, Alan Braslau, and John Fassler
December 31, 2019 - Stacey Baumgarn, Nick Michell, and Bill Becker
December 31, 2021 - Amanda Shores, Jeremy Giovando, and Krishna Karnamadakala
Council LiaisonRoss Cunniff