Your Account Your Account
Start or Stop Utility Service Start or Stop Utility Service
Contact Us Contact Us
Use fertilizer lightly as it encourages grass to grow and need more water.
Go Solar in 2018
Utilities is accepting applications for 2018. The submittal deadline is December 1.
As of June 13, 2018, $300,000 in rebates are available for approximately 200 residential PV rebate projects. $490,000 is available for commercial PV rebate projects.
You will receive credit for the electricity generated by your PV system through our net metering program (see rates here).
For information on how to understand your net metering bill credits, click here.
Information about federal tax incentives is available at Energy Star and the Solar Energy Industries Association.
- Residential: up to $1,500
- Commercial: up to $100,000
Rebate amounts are based on $0.50/Watt 20-year Renewable Energy Credit (REC) purchase.
Interconnection and Solar Rebate Application for solar installers (XLS 500KB) *Revised Dec. 27, 2017
Your own personalized solar savings estimator, powered by Google Earth imagery.
- Must be a Fort Collins Utilities electric customer
- Systems must be installed by a licensed contractor
- PV system must be sized greater than 500 watts and less than the capacity to provide 120 percent of recent annual energy use.
- Systems must meet Utilities Interconnection Standards (PDF 353KB).
- Equipment must be new and UL listed and named on the eligible equipment list.
- System cannot be shaded between 9 a.m.-3 p.m. If questionable, applicant must submit shading analysis (check with your solar contractor).
- Agreement to manage trees and other potential shading sources to prevent shading from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- System orientation must achieve minimum of 90% of estimated ideal annual output (NREL PV Watts Calculator) for full rebate allowance.
- System must be approved by Fort Collins Utilities before connecting to electric grid.
- System must be installed within six months of rebate reservation.
- Must obtain an Efficiency Works' Home Efficiency Upgrades audit, or provide documentation of a recent audit by a BPI certified energy auditor, within six months of receipt of the rebate reservation letter and before rebate processing is finalized.
- Provide copies of permits and supporting documents as outlined in application (XLS 500KB).
- Review and acknowledge Fort Collins Utilities' interconnection and REC policies on page 4 of the Interconnection and Solar Rebate Application (XLS 500KB).
Learn more about rebates on the program FAQs page.