Your Account Your Account
Start or Stop Utility Service Start or Stop Utility Service
Contact Us Contact Us
Use microwave oven for warming, reheating or cooking food.
Financing home efficiency upgrades is now easier than ever. Utilities customers can complete efficiency and renewable energy upgrades using an EPIC loan, with no money down, attractive terms and simple repayment on your monthly utility bill.
- No money down
- Borrow up to $25,000
- Low fixed interest rate
- Simple application, easy to qualify
- Loans available up to 100 percent
of the qualifying project cost
- Conveniently repay the loan on your
monthly utility bill
Loans are originated by Megan Ferguson, Residential Program Manager, Energy Smart Partners, NMLS 382935, CO LMB 100034415.
Service may be discontinued for nonpayment of past-due accounts, including on-bill loan payments, in accordance with the municipal code.
- Residential single-family homes, including
duplexes and attached townhomes in Fort Collins
(rental properties are eligible; condo units in
multistory buildings are not)
- Must be current Utilities electric customer to
apply for energy efficiency and/or solar loans
- Must be current Utilities water customer
to apply for water conservation loan
• Furnace, air conditioner, whole house fan and water heater
• Insulation and air sealing
• Water service line repair and/or replacement
• Get started online or by calling 970-229-5650
• Select a contractor – must use a participating contractor for energy efficiency projects; see list at fcgov.com/HomeEfficiency
• Complete loan application online at energy-smart-partners.com or call 970-494-2021 ($25 application fee).
• Complete project(s) following loan approval.
• Schedule loan closing – funds will be wired to your contractor; loan payments will be set up on your bill.
Select the link below to get started on your application.
Bloomberg Mayors Challenge
Fort Collins was selected as a Champion City in the Bloomberg Mayors Challenge in February 2018. Our winning idea is to build an integrated energy efficiency and financing model to incent rental property owners to upgrade older, unimproved rental units. In addition to economic and environmental benefits, this effort is expected to improve the health, well-being and equity of Low and Moderate Income (LMI) households in Fort Collins, the vast majority of whom reside in rental properties.
EPIC loans support are available to all eligible single family homes in Fort Collins and the Mayors Challenge is focusing on engaging rental property owners.
Home Efficiency Loan (Elevations Credit Union)
The Home Efficiency Loan Program (HELP) through Elevations Credit Union is also available for Fort Collins Utilities customers.
Read the loan details and apply through Elevations Credit Union. For most applications, a selected bid for the cost of the work must be included.
For energy efficiency upgrades, you must follow the steps of Efficiency Works' Home Efficiency Program.