Residential Sprinkler Equipment Rebates#
New technology is available to help make sprinkler systems more water-efficient. Fort Collins Utilities offers our customers rebates on qualifying equipment, including:
- Rain Sensor:
- Wired: 50% of purchase price up to $15
- Wireless: 50% of purchase price up to $30
- Soil Moisture Sensor: 50% of purchase price up to $45
- Weather-Based Irrigation Controller: up to $50/controller or add on
- Weather Station Add-On: 50% of purchase price up to $50
- PRV at Point of Connection: 50% of purchase price up to $200
- Flow Sensors: 50% of purchase price up to $100
- Master Valves: 50% of purchase price up to $100
- Spigot Timers: 50% of purchase price up to $50
- Rotary Nozzles: $3 per nozzle, 5 units min./24 max., not to exceed purchase price
- Drip Conversion Equipment: 50% of purchase price, up to $100
Equipment must be:
- Installed at a Fort Collins Utilities residential water service address
- New, qualified models
- Purchased between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31, 2023
2022 applications must be submitted by Jan. 15, 2023. Please allow up to eight weeks for processing.
- Get Started
- Purchase and install equipment that meet the eligibility requirements above.
- Complete the online application.
- If you need assistance with your application, contact Efficiency Works at Information@EfficiencyWorks.org or 877-981-1888. If you need a paper application, contact email@example.com.
- Tax Information
Payments provided by utilities (including Fort Collins Utilities) to Participants for the purchase or installation of water conservation measures may in some circumstances be considered as (partially) taxable income by the IRS. Participants or their assigns receiving incentive payments totaling $600 or more during a program year and who are not organized as a corporation will receive a 1099-MISC from Fort Collins Utilities in January or February of the subsequent year. Participant, or alternate payment recipient, may wish to consult a tax advisor on this matter.
- Business sprinkler rebates
- Rain sensors
- Free sprinkler checkups – offered to residential customers to improve watering efficiency
Did You Know?
Mowing when it's cool reduces stress on the grass.
You can reduce ‘vampire’ power waste by unplugging electronics that are not in use or plugging them into a smart power strip.
Pre-cooling your home before 2 p.m. during the summer and coasting through the on-peak hours can save money on your utility bill.