Go Solar in 2022#
Commercial Solar Rebate Program#
Fort Collins Utilities supports customers generating their own renewable energy using solar photovoltaic (PV) panels. The Commercial Solar Rebate Program provides incentives and guidance to help make sure each project is a success.
Applications for the 2021 Commercial Solar Rebate Program are now being accepted.
Commercial customers can receive rebates up to $50,000. Rebate amounts are calculated based on $0.50/Watt of DC system generation capacity and include a 20-year Renewable Energy Credit (REC) assignment to Fort Collins Utilities. See eligibility requirements below for more details.
- Must be a Fort Collins Utilities electric customer. View the City of Fort Collins Electric Service Area Map.
- PV system must be sized greater than 500 watts and less than the capacity to provide 120 percent of average annual energy use over the previous 24 months.
- Systems must meet Utilities Interconnection Standards (PDF 353KB).
- Equipment must be new and UL listed and named on the eligible equipment list.
- The system cannot be shaded between 9 a.m.-3 p.m. If questionable, the applicant must submit shading analysis (check with your solar contractor).
- Customer agrees to manage trees and other potential shading sources to prevent shading from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- System orientation must achieve a minimum of 90 percent of estimated ideal annual output for full rebate allowance.
- The system must be installed within six months of the rebate reservation letter.
Solar Rebate Application#
- Solar Contractors submit the Distributed Energy Interconnection Application, along with supporting documents as outlined in the application.
- The customer must review and acknowledge Fort Collins Utilities' interconnection and policies on page 4 of the application.
- Note that the application workbook contains the rebate applications for both commercial and residential projects. For commercial solar projects, disregard all references to "Participating Solar Contractor" and to energy audit requirements.
Did You Know?
Setting your air conditioner's temperature higher and using portable fans or ceiling fans helps keep your house cool while saving energy.
Planting fast-growing vines is a quick way to block unwanted summer sun. You'll get results in months.
Fort Collins Utilities is community-owned. Because of that, our customers benefit from lower rates and revenues that stay here.