Forms & Documents#
Floodplain Use Permit
- Required for any work done in a floodplain
FEMA Elevation Certificate
- See also: Elevation Certificate Guidance Document
FEMA Floodproofing Certificate
- May not render in your browser. Download the certificate to your device and open in Adobe Reader or Acrobat to view.
No-Rise Certification Form
- Required for work in a floodway when documenting "no-rise" in flood elevations
- For variances to be heard before the Water Board
- Erosion Buffer Zone Regulation Waiver Form
Substantial Damage Review Requirements
- Establishes procedures for documenting damage to structures located in a floodplain
- Owner's Affidavit
- Contractor's Affidavit
- Damage Evaluation Form
Emergency Response and Preparedness Plan
- Required for non-residential development in the Poudre River floodplain
- Annual Update Form
Guidelines and Handouts#
- Elevation Certificate Guidelines
- Elevation Certificate Training Videos – please watch!
Poudre River Quick Guide
- City of Fort Collins Floodplain Regulations for the Poudre
- City of Fort Collins Floodplain Regulations for all Basins Other than the Poudre River
- Floodproofing Guidelines
- Floodplain Modeling Guidelines
- BFE and Map-Model Agreement Tables
- Mobile Home Submittal Requirements
Substantial Improvement/Substantial Damage List
- Items to be included and excluded in determining substantial improvement
- Is Your Sign in the Floodplain?
FEMA Technical Bulletins#
- 1-20 – Openings in Foundation Walls
- Provides guidance on the NFIP regulations concerning the requirement for openings in Below-Base Flood Elevation foundation walls (enclosures) for buildings located in Zones A, AE, A1-A30, AR,AO, and AH
- 2-08 – Flood-Resistant Materials Requirements
- Provides guidance on the NFIP regulations concerning the required use of flood-damage resistant construction materials for building components located below the Base Flood Elevation in Special Flood Hazard Areas (both A and V zones)
- 3-21 – Non-Residential Floodproofing -- Requirements and Certification
- Provides guidance on the NFIP regulations concerning watertight construction and the required certification for flood-proofed non-residential buildings in Zones A, AE, A1-A30, AR, AO, and AH whose lowest floors are below the Base Flood Elevation
- FEMA P-936 – Floodproofing Non-Residential Buildings
- Provides updated (2013) guidance on floodproofing retrofits for non-residential buildings
- FEMA P-2037 – Flood Mitigation for Multi-Family Buildings
- Provides guidance on the NFIP regulations concerning the protection of multi-family buildings, including mixed-use buildings (October 2019)
- 4-93 – Elevator Installation
- Provides guidance on the NFIP regulations concerning the installation of elevators below the Base Flood Elevation in Special Flood Hazard Areas (both A and V zones)
- 6-21 – Below-Grade Parking Requirements
- Provides guidance on the NFIP regulations concerning the design of below-grade parking garages beneath buildings located in Zones A, AE, A1-A30, AR, AO, and AH
- 7-22 – Wet Floodproofing Requirements
- Provides guidance on the NFIP regulations concerning wet floodproofing of certain types of structures (garages and accessory structures) located in Zones A, AE, A1-A30, AR, AO, and AH
- 11-01 – Crawlspace Construction for Buildings Located in Special Flood Hazard Areas
- Provides interim guidance on minimum NFIP requirements as well as best practices for crawlspace construction in the Special Flood Hazard Area
- P-348, Edition 2 – Protecting Building Utility Systems From Flood Damage
- Illustrates the design and construction of utility systems that comply with the National Flood Insurance Program requirements for new or substantially improved residential and non-residential structures in flood-prone areas.
- P-2140 – Requirements for Agricultural Structures and Accessory Structures
- Provides additional guidance related to protecting various agricultural and accessory structures from flood damage and meeting minimum NFIP standards. (August 2021)
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Letter of Map Revision Forms#
- Application forms for Conditional and Final Letters of Map Amendment and Letters of Map Revision Based on Fill (learn more about application requirements)
- Application forms for Conditional Letters of Map Revision and Letters of Map Revision
- Application form for Single Residential Lot or Structure Amendments to National Flood Insurance Program Maps
Did You Know?
Using power strips to turn off selected appliances when not in use helps reduce energy use.
Turning off the faucet while shaving or brushing teeth saves water.
Maintaining your heating equipment ensures it is running efficiently.