The Building Retro-Commissioning is offered jointly with Efficiency Works and is designed to achieve cost-effective electricity, natural gas and water savings in commercial and industrial facilities through retro-commissioning (RCx).
Savings are achieved through the systematic evaluation of facility systems and implementation of low- or no-cost measures targeted to improve facility operation. The program:
- funds the cost to perform RCx services
- helps customers achieve low or no-cost energy and water savings by tuning up their existing equipment
(Must meet all)
- Fort Collins Utilities business customer
- Committed to contributing a minimum of $0.05 per square foot for implementing identified measures (typically 25% of cost)
- No scheduled major renovations or capital investments
- Facility at least 2 years old
- Must be pre-approved.
- Must use approved list of retro-commissioning service providers (RSP) available through Efficiency Works.
- May be required to get three bids from approved RSPs.
- Time to complete a retro-commissioning project is typically one to nine months.
The application, program manual and a list of qualified retro-commissioning service providers are available at Efficiency Works.
Building Energy and Water Scoring: Benchmark Your Facility
Local and national comparisons of peer facilities provide a simple, yet valuable way for building owners and property managers to understand their facilities’ energy use and identify opportunities to reduce energy-related costs. Start monitoring and improving your building’s performance at fcgov.com/BEWS
Did You Know?
Benchmarking your energy use compared to other similar businesses can help you identify and prioritize future building improvements
Stormwater pollution is the number one cause of water pollution in the country, and you can help prevent it.
Planting fast-growing vines is a quick way to block unwanted summer sun. You'll get results in months.