Your Account Your Account
Start or Stop Utility Service Start or Stop Utility Service
Contact Us Contact Us
Leave clippings where they fall to add nutrients to the soil. A mulching mower chops grass into small pieces.
Before You Dig!
Any time earth is moved or removed using equipment, tools or explosives, the Utility Notification Center of Colorado must be notified. Please dial 811 so that underground utilities can be located.
City of Fort Collins' Ordinance 084, 2003 requires the addition of a soil amendment in areas that are cleared and planned to hold plants and grass. Click here for more details and here to download a certificate.
Creating a successful xeriscape landscape requires a great deal of knowledge and preparation. Fortunately, we know just the people to help you with the job. Visit our professional services page to find an expert who can guide you through the design, installation and rebate processes.
Landscape Mapping Tool
- Landscape Design For Water-Wise Beauty
- Get X Rated: Great Xeriscape Plants
- Evolving into a Xeriscape Design
- Xeriscape: Beyond the Basics
- Make the Change to Xeriscape!
- Xeriscape from the Ground Up
- Xeriscape By Design
- Residential Parkway Landscaping
- Native Plants
- Tips for Native Seed Establishment
- Demonstration Gardens
- Colorado WaterWise
- PlantTalk Colorado
- CSU Extension
- CSU Colorado Master Gardener Program
- Handbook for The Watershed Approach to Landscaping
- Garden In A Box
Free Landscape Design Resources
- Plant Select Designs
- Localscape Designs for Utah
- Low-Water Native Plants for Colorado Gardens: Front Range & Foothills
- Designs with Water In Mind Brochure