Residential Water Efficiency Rebates#
Fort Collins Utilities offers $50 rebates on new qualified water-saving toilets and clothes washers. Make sure the equipment you purchase is eligible by reviewing equipment information below.
After verifying your rebate eligibility, complete the residential efficiency rebates application on the Efficiency Works portal by clicking the button below. If you don't have an account with Efficiency Works, you can create one on the portal, or continue as a guest.
Equipment must be purchased between Jan. 1 - Dec. 31, and applications must be submitted by Jan. 15 the following year. Please allow up to eight weeks for rebate processing. Funds are limited. Utilities reserves the right to verify equipment purchase and installation location for requested rebates.
- Clothes washer must be on the “ENERGY STAR® Most Efficient 2023 list. Not all ENERGY STAR machines are eligible for a rebate. Before you buy, verify the make and model number here to ensure it qualifies.
- The machine must be installed at a Fort Collins Utilities residential electric or water service address.
- Limit one per account, per year.
- To dispose of your old washer, check with appliance store you’re purchasing from or visit the recycling page for other options.
- Toilet must be a WaterSense labeled model that uses 1.1 gallons per flush or less AND has a MaP score of 600 grams or more. MaP is a measure of toilet performance (verify using MaP’s product search).
- Dual flush toilets must also use an average of 1.1 gallons per flush or less. Use the calculator below to determine eligibility.
- Must be installed at a Fort Collins Utilities residential water service address.
- New toilet must replace an existing toilet; new homes and new construction are not eligible.
- Recycle old toilet at an approved facility and receive a voucher to be turned in with rebate application.
- Limited to two toilets per address, per year.
Considering a Dual Flush Toilet?#
A dual flush toilet offers two options that flush different amounts of water. Typically, one is designed for liquid waste and the other is for solid waste.
Use the calculator below to determine rebate eligibility.
Get an instant rebate when you purchase a water-saving showerhead on the Efficiency Works Store.
Water Efficient Fixtures#
Water efficient toilets are better for the environment and your pocketbook, saving you money on your water and wastewater bill. Saving water improves our community's resilience to drought and other factors.
High efficiency fixtures, such as toilets and faucets, mean less water flows to the sewer. Adopting good disposal practices is key to minimizing blockages and other issues. Only flush the three Ps (pee, poo, and toilet paper) to ensure continued performance in your sewer line and the community's wastewater system.
If a utility makes a payment to you for your purchase or installation of water conservation equipment, the rebate may be considered (partially) taxable income by the IRS. If you receive rebate payments totaling $600 or more within one calendar year, and you are not organized as a corporation, Fort Collins Utilities will send you a 1099-MISC from in January or February of the following year. You may wish to consult a tax advisor if you plan to exceed $600 in rebates.
Are you a business customer? Check out the rebates here.