Epic Homes: Attached Over/Under Upgrades#
Over/under homes are attached, stacked individual residences that share a ceiling or floor.
Use the tabs below to start your efficiency journey!
1. Verify eligibility
- Program participant must be the owner and a Fort Collins Utilities residential electric customer.
- One metered service account for the entire building (electric or water) must be in the owner’s name, and will be used as the master project number.
- Each unit will be a sub-project, with rebates paid by the unit. Building must be more than one year old and singularly owned with the units rented.
2. Schedule your assessment
Fort Collins Utilities partners with Efficiency Works™ to offer home energy assessments for our customers. Sign up for a $60 Epic Homes assessment through Efficiency Works™ Homes by enrolling online or calling 877-981-1888.
*Assessment fees are waived for rental properties for a limited time.
*If you're planning HVAC upgrades, an assessment is not required.
3. Complete upgrades using a qualified service provider
To qualify for rebates, you must hire an approved service provider.
5. Claim Your Epic Certificate
Following the completion of upgrades, Epic Homes will invite you to claim your Epic Certificate. This documents your efficiency improvements and solar projects.
Fort Collins Utilities offers easy, low interest rate financing options for upgrades on home and rental properties with no money down and terms up to 15 years. Simply pay for the upgrades on your monthly utility bill.
- For over/under attached unit project loans, loan customer must be the building owner and have at least one meted utility in their name for the loan to be attached to, water and/or electric.
Epic Homes for Rentals - Landlord and Property Manager Resources
Epic Homes can help keep your rental competitive in the market, increase tenant comfort and retention and maintain your investment.
Did You Know?
Ensuring heating registers aren't blocked by furniture, carpet, drapes can help your heating system perform better.
Pretreating clothing stains may avoid the need to rewash.
There is no poop fairy. Pick up after your pet to help prevent stormwater pollution.