Your Account Your Account
Start or Stop Utility Service Start or Stop Utility Service
Contact Us Contact Us
Aerate your lawn once a year.
Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) Permit
The City’s storm drainage system serves a dual purpose: to prevent property flooding by directing stormwater into local creeks and the Cache la Poudre River and to protect these water bodies from pollutants commonly present in an urban environment.
According to the EPA, stormwater pollution is the number one source of water pollution in the country. To minimize pollutants transported by stormwater runoff into the storm sewer system and downstream receiving waters, the City implements programs in accordance with its Colorado Discharge Permit System MS4 Permit. TVM0cGVybWl0QGZjZ292LmNvbQ==
- Public education and outreach on stormwater quality and pollution prevention
- Construction site erosion and sediment control
- Design standards and ongoing maintenance requirements for permanent water quality control measures
- Illicit discharge detection and elimination – spill response program
- Pollution prevention and good housekeeping for municipal operations
A Program Description Document is available to the public for review and comment by contacting: TVM0cGVybWl0QGZjZ292LmNvbQ==
Emergency Spills or Illegal Dumping: report by calling 911
(e.g., hazardous materials, large volumes, potentially life-threatening or harmful to the environment, spills or illegal dumping directly into a storm drain, creek or river)
Other Spills or Illegal Dumping: report online at Access Fort Collins or call 970-221-6700