Your Account Your Account
Start or Stop Utility Service Start or Stop Utility Service
Contact Us Contact Us
Turn off printers, copiers, coffee machines, and other equipment at end of day.
Low Impact Development
Low Impact Development is a stormwater management technique that seeks to mimic natural systems, primarily through gardens and landscaping, while also offering a functional stormwater run-off system.
Low Impact Development:
- Mimics natural hydrology by using design techniques that infiltrate, filter, store, evaporate and detain runoff close to its source
- Addresses stormwater through small, cost-effective landscape features located at the lot level
- Applies equally well to new development, urban retrofits and redevelopment/revitalization projects
For more information about LID principles and practices, please refer to the following resources:
- City of Fort Collins
- Environmental Protection Agency
- North Carolina State
- University of New Hampshire
- Villanova University
Contact civil engineer Basil Hamdan at YmhhbWRhbkBmY2dvdi5jb20= or 970-224-6035 for more information.