Low Impact Development (LID)#
Low Impact Development (LID) is a stormwater management technique that seeks to mimic natural systems, primarily through gardens and landscaping, while also offering a functional stormwater run-off system.
LID Projects in Fort Collins:
Low Impact Development:
- Mimics natural hydrology by using design techniques that infiltrate, filter, store, evaporate and detain runoff close to its source
- Addresses stormwater through small, cost-effective landscape features located at the lot level
- Applies equally well to new development, urban retrofits and redevelopment/revitalization projects
For more information about LID principles and practices, please refer to the following resources:
- City of Fort Collins
- Environmental Protection Agency
- North Carolina State
- University of New Hampshire
- Villanova University
Contact civil engineer Basil Hamdan at email@example.com or 970-224-6035 for more information.
Did You Know?
Setting your air conditioner's temperature higher and using portable fans or ceiling fans helps keep your house cool while saving energy.
Purchasing ENERGY STAR® appliances when replacing old ones helps you save energy and money without sacrificing performance.