Your Account Your Account
Start or Stop Utility Service Start or Stop Utility Service
Contact Us Contact Us
Pre-treat stains to avoid the need to re-wash your clothes.
Low Impact Development
Low Impact Development is a stormwater management technique that seeks to mimic natural systems, primarily through gardens and landscaping, while also offering a functional stormwater run-off system.
Low Impact Development:
- Mimics natural hydrology by using design techniques that infiltrate, filter, store, evaporate and detain runoff close to its source
- Addresses stormwater through small, cost-effective landscape features located at the lot level
- Applies equally well to new development, urban retrofits and redevelopment/revitalization projects
For more information about LID principles and practices, please refer to the following resources:
- City of Fort Collins
- Environmental Protection Agency
- North Carolina State
- University of New Hampshire
- Villanova University
Contact civil engineer Basil Hamdan at YmhhbWRhbkBmY2dvdi5jb20= or 970-224-6035 for more information.