Your Account Your Account
Start or Stop Utility Service Start or Stop Utility Service
Contact Us Contact Us
Watering every third day helps the grass develop deeper roots and use moisture deep in the ground.
Exercise caution near rivers and streams
- Conditions can change very quickly - recreational activities are not advised, due to swift current, cold temperatures, flooded vegetation and the presence of a significant amount of debris.
- Follow all trail closure signage and recommended safety guidelines. Click here for trail closure information.
- Banks may be unstable due to erosion.
- If caught in fast-moving water, float feet first in a half-sit position.
- If someone else is caught, reach out or throw a rope. Do not go into the water yourself.
Avoid flood waters
- Use caution when driving. Cars or other vehicles do not provide adequate protection from floodwaters.
- DO NOT drive through floodwaters.
- Swiftly moving shallow water can be deadly. Floodwaters typically move much faster than it appears and can carry large, dangerous debris.
Report blocked drains
- Please call 970-221-6700 to report blocked stormwater drains.
- Flood Warning System: Real time information on rainfall, stormwater runoff and weather conditions.
- Weather.gov: Monitor weather changes.
- LETA 911: Sign up for Larimer County's Emergency Alert System. We can't warn you, if we can't reach you.
- Floodplain Maps & Documents: View Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and City floodplain maps to determine if your property is in a floodplain.
- Fort Collins Utilities Stormwater: Information about flood protection, drainage basins and stormwater quality.
- Healthy Homes: Information about mold mitigation and cleanup tips following a flood.