Your Account Your Account
Start or Stop Utility Service Start or Stop Utility Service
Contact Us Contact Us
Replace electric or gas foodservice equipment with ENERGY STAR® qualified models (rebates available).
Area of Opportunity 4
Expand commercial and industrial sector strategies
The commercial sector accounts for almost 40 percent of the annual total water demand. A single water efficiency project in a commercial setting has the potential to reduce water demands significantly. By expanding tailored outreach and our custom commercial incentives, we can address the uniqueness of water use across our community’s industries and make a big impact on water demands. These efforts also will reduce costs for businesses and support economic health.
- Large water savings due to scale of projects
- Enhanced business partnerships
- Support a healthier and stronger economy
- Potential Activities
- Custom commercial rebate program
- Benchmarking and goal setting
- Targeted industry-specific campaigns and outreach
In 2013, the custom commercial program helped replace two pool filters, which are estimated to save nearly 800,000 gallons per year.
- City Plan Strategic Objectives
This Area of Opportunity aligns with City Plan Strategic Objectives (PDF 6.2MB) 3.5, 3.6, 4.7, 4.8 and 5.10.