Your Account Your Account
Start or Stop Utility Service Start or Stop Utility Service
Contact Us Contact Us
Activate sleep mode on computers (see ENERGY STAR® for details).
Residential Toilet Rebates
Toilets are typically the main source of water use in the home, accounting for nearly 30 percent of indoor consumption.
- Receive a $50 bill credit when you replace your old water-guzzling toilet with a WaterSense labeled model 1.1 gallons per flush (GPF) or less.
- Old toilets must be recycled at approved facility.
Rebate changes for 2018
In 2016, Colorado became a WasterSense State. This means that manufacturers and retailers can only sell water fixtures that are WaterSense certified. This includes toilets, which cannot exceed 1.28 GPF according to the WaterSense certification.
Utilities water customers will receive a $50 rebate by exceeding the current State standard. To receive the $50 rebate, toilets MUST BE 1.1 GPF OR LESS. Showerheads must be 1.5 gallons per minute (GPM) or less.
Learn more about Colorado's Indoor WaterSense Fixture Requirement.
- new WaterSense labeled AND 1.1 GPF or less (average of both GPF for dual flush toilets)
- installed at a Fort Collins Utilities residential water service address
- purchased between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31, 2018
- replacing existing toilets; new homes and new construction not eligible
- limited to two toilets per address, per year
- purchase and install qualified toilets according to program rules on the application
- obtain toilet recycling verification (included on application or separate voucher at recycling facility)
- copy of receipt must include model number, purchase price and date of purchase
- return completed application (PDF 526KB), copy of sales receipt(s) and recycling verification to:
Fort Collins Utilities
Customer Service Division
Home Conservation Rebates
PO Box 580
Fort Collins, CO 80522
or scan and email to cmViYXRlc0BmY2dvdi5jb20=
- 2018 applications must be submitted by Jan. 15, 2019
- allow up to eight weeks for bill credit processing
- subject to available funding
Fort Collins Utilities reserves the right to verify purchase and installation location of any toilet for which a rebate is requested.
Payments provided by utilities (including Fort Collins Utilities) to participants for the purchase or installation of water conservation measures may, in some circumstances, be considered as (partially) taxable income by the IRS. Participants or their assignees receiving incentive payments totaling $600 or more during a program year and who are not organized as a corporation will receive a 1099-MISCfrom Fort Collins Utilities in January or February of the subsequent year. Participant, or alternate payment recipient, may wish to consult a tax advisor on this matter.
Click here for business restroom rebates.