Integrated Design Assistance Program#
Our Integrated Design Assistance Program (IDAP) brings together key stakeholders, including project owners, developers, design professionals and builders, for a whole-building approach, from concept to construction. Benefits include:
- Buildings that are more cost-effective and durable
- Better indoor air quality
- Higher occupant satisfaction
- Easier maintenance
- Lower energy cost
IDAP provides incentives for design and construction and we also offer technical advice related to building science and energy code in addition to an optional performance incentive based on energy savings. New construction and major renovation projects can participate.
Participating project teams set an energy target early in the project that is at least 10 percent better than current energy code, and then design and build to that target.
To participate, submit an application during conceptual design, and no later than early schematic design.
Projects that are beyond the Schematic Design phase can still participate in the New Construction and Renovation prescriptive program.
View Case Studies for Examples of Past Projects#
Norton Energy R&D, LLC
1290 Ithaca Drive
Boulder, CO 80305
(specializes in single-family and multi-family development projects)
PCD Engineering Services, Inc.
323 3rd Avenue, #100
Longmont, CO 80501
Professional Engineering Consultants, P.A.
420 Linden St., Suite 110
Fort Collins, CO 80524
The Weidt Group
1521 15th Street, Suite 100
Denver, CO 80202
1449 7th Street Suite 440
Denver CO 80204
Energetics Consulting Engineers, LLC
6140 S. Gun Club Rd #K6-121
Aurora, CO 80016
5018 Underwood Ave. #201
Omaha, NE 68132
1325 E 16th Ave.
Denver, CO 80218
1905 Sherman Street, Suite #1040
Denver, CO 80203
16025 Table Mountain Parkway
Golden, CO 80403
2540 Frontier Avenue, Suite 100
Boulder, CO 80301
- Projects may include new construction or major renovation, be categorized as commercial or high-rise residential as defined by ASHRAE 90.1 and located within the City of Fort Collins electric service territory. Other project types may qualify to participate at the discretion of the IDAP Program Manager.
- At time of application, the project is in a pre-design or schematic design stage and has sufficient flexibility for design changes in building form and energy efficiency strategies.
- Fort Collins Utilities staff will be invited to attend design meetings for the project related to energy considerations and will be kept apprised of project progress and major energy-related decisions.
- The project will be at least 5,000 gross square feet.
Did You Know?
You can save water when washing fruits or vegetables by filling the sink with water instead of running the faucet.
Planting shade trees to block unwanted summer sun is a good, long-term approach if you plan to be in your home for many years.
You can recycle your old refrigerator or freezer and receive a check for $35. Plus, we'll arrange to have it hauled away for free.