On this page, you'll find printable activities, online games, videos and more that students and teachers can use to learn more about electric, water, stormwater and wastewater.
Printable Activities (PDF)#
F.O.G. (Fats, Oils, Grease) Kids Activity Book
Crossword, word search and create your own F.O.G story!
Saving Energy: Activity and Coloring Book
Eight pages of energy saving tips for kids to color and learn.
Stormwater Game and Activity Sheet
Stormwater educational game to color, a crossword puzzle and a maze.
Save Water Coloring Book
Eight pages of water saving tips for your kids to color and learn.
Did You Turn Off The Lights Door Hanger
Create your own door hanger to remind you and your family to turn off the lights when they leave the room.
Use this index to determine the health of a river by finding, classifying and identifying organisms that live in the water.
This helpful chart will walk you through the steps of identifying invertebrates commonly found in rivers and streams.
An educational, energy conservation program that encourages students to be more mindful of their at-home electricity usage.
Children's Water Celebration Activities#
Activity Books, Coloring Pages and Games
- Colorado-Big Thompson Water Game (Northern Water)
- Learn About Water Conservation (Northern Water)
- Online Games (Water - Use It Wisely)
- How's My Waterway (EPA)
- Drinking Water Activities for Students and Teachers (EPA)
- WaterSense Game (EPA)
- Acid Rain Students Site (EPA)
- Water Pollution Control Facility (City of Greeley)
- Books to Check Out About Water (Poudre River Public Library)
- What's Up With Our Nation's Waters (EPA)
- Online Resources about Water from the EPA
- The Scoop on Stormwater (EPA)
- Trash-Free Waters (EPA)
- Filtration Station (Fort Collins Utilities)
- Wildfire Impacts To Water Quality Video (Colorado Agricultural Education)
Self-Guided Bike Tour#
Get out, enjoy the beautiful weather and explore your local watershed on a self-guided bike tour.
Source to Switch: Fort Collins Energy Video#
Do you ever wonder how power gets to your home? Fort Collins Light and Power collaborated with Platte River to help you understand how energy is made and delivered, from source to switch.
Here are some helpful links to navigate the content:
Only Flush the 3Ps#
Learn more about what you can do to help prevent blockages in our sewers. Only flush the 3Ps!
Water Quality and the Poudre River#
Follow along as we do four water quality tests on the Poudre River - temperature, pH, dissolved oxygen and turbidity.
Did You Know?
Running the dishwasher only when it's full can save water and money. Do small loads by hand.
The Efficiency Works store sells water- and energy-saving products, including LED lighting, smart thermostats and showerheads.
Using a microwave oven for warming, reheating or cooking food uses less energy than an electric oven.