Fort Collins Utilities Community Sponsorships#
Fort Collins Utilities provides in-kind and cash sponsorship opportunities up to $1,500 for non-profit and government organizations supporting the Fort Collins community.
To be considered, the sponsorship opportunity must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be hosted by and benefit a 501(c)(3), educational or governmental organization.
- Directly benefit community members in the Fort Collins Growth Management Area (GMA).
- Include an educational component about services provided or community need(s) met by the sponsored organization.
- Align with one or more of the following specific Fort Collins Utilities priorities:
- Energy efficiency
- Renewable energy
- Distributed energy resources
- Beneficial electrification
- Electric safety
- Water conservation
- Drinking water quality
- River health
- Watershed recovery
- Stormwater quality
- Low impact development
- Flood awareness
- Flood mitigation
- Post-wildfire flooding
- Climate action (related to Utilities services)
- STEM education
- Careers in Utilities and STEM
- Use of art to promote Utilities and STEM
- Digital and technological literacy
- Utility affordability
- Digital access and inclusion
- Energy priorities
- Submit the sponsorship application in accordance with the schedule on the following 'Application Process' tab.
|Date of Opportunity||Apply By|
April 1-June 30
July 1-Sept. 30
Oct. 1-Dec. 31
Jan. 1-March 31
- There is no option to save the form part-way through. We recommend you review and prepare answers to the application questions in advance of the online application to avoid losing your work.
- All applications must be submitted through the online portal. Emailed submissions will not be accepted.
- Applications will be reviewed four times per year, immediately following the "apply by" date.
- Award notification will be sent within 21 days of the "apply by" date. Communications will come from email@example.com.
I don’t believe we meet the requirements for a Utilities sponsorship. Where else could I request funding from the City?
- Education transportation funding: Fort Collins Utilities offers funding to subsidize the cost of transportation for school and community youth groups traveling to Utilities-hosted programs.
- Fort Fund: Fort Fund grants support arts and cultural events that enrich the creative vitality of the community, promote local heritage and diversity, and provide opportunities for arts and cultural participation.
What types of sponsorship are offered?
There are multiple ways we may be able to sponsor your organization, including:
- An expert to speak, educate or otherwise contribute to your initiative
- Small giveaways (high quantity of $1-$5 items)
- Door prizes (medium quantity of $10-$20 items)
- Silent auction items (low quantity of $25-$50 items)
- Cash (up to $1,500)