2019 Application Process Closed
All Fort Fund grants are closed for 2019. Please check back later this fall to see the schedule for the 2020 application deadlines. The Fort Fund Guidelines are always available. If you have any other questions regarding Fort Fund you may contact bGlydmluZUBmY2dvdi5jb20= or call (970) 416-4225.
The Cultural Development & Programming and Tourism Accounts (Fort Fund) is funded by an allocation of the lodging tax revenues. Applications are reviewed by the Cultural Resources Board of the City of Fort Collins and recommendations to fund events are submitted to the Fort Collins City Council for final approval.
The objective of Fort Fund is to provide funds to foster, encourage, and promote 1) cultural development and programming, and 2) economic and tourism development. The overarching goal for Fort Fund is to serve as a catalyst in making Fort Collins a cultural center and destination.
Fort Fund supports events that:
- Enrich the cultural life of the Fort Collins community
- Promote local heritage and diversity
- Provide opportunities for community members to participate in, create, learn from or experience arts and culture
- Help to define Fort Collins as a destination for arts and culture
- Elevate the community and broaden perspectives
- Have wide appeal for a significant part of the community
- Promote the general welfare of the inhabitants of the City.
The following will not be considered for funding:
- Applications for funds solely to print brochures, magazines or promotional materials, or for capital improvements.
- Any event in which the net proceeds or profit from the event is donated by the sponsor to another organization and/or individual.
Funds will not be disbursed directly after each funding session. Organizations recommended for grant monies by the Cultural Resources Board must first be approved by the City Council.