Area of Opportunity 1#
Leverage Advanced Meter Fort Collins data and capabilities#
Interval data opens a new door to understanding water use, for customers and Fort Collins Utilities alike. When Utilities can better understand how our customer use water, we can design better programs to meet the needs of our customers and increase efficiency. We also can increase water use awareness and understanding by connecting customers to their use through the MyWater online portal. It also can be leveraged to help customers avoid high usage and high bills with usage alerts.
- Increased customer understanding of water use
- Build stronger relationships with our customers
- More customer control over use and fewer bill surprises
- Potential Activities
- Monitor My Use and High Bill/Use alerts
- Improved leak detection for customers and Utilities
- Near real-time identification of inefficiencies and potential savings
- Craft targeted, easy-to-understand water-saving actions based on data and use patterns
The continuous consumption program uses the Advanced Meter Fort Collins data to detect likely leaks. We alert homeowners so that they can fix the leak and avoid damage and high bills. Utilities reaches out to thousands of residential and business customers each year.
- City Plan Strategic Objectives
The Area of Opportunity aligns with City Plan Strategic Objectives (PDF 6.2MB) 3.9, 4.6, 4.7 and 4.8.
Did You Know?
Home office and overall electronics typically use very little electricity (1 cent or less per hour on average).
Scraping your dishes clean instead of rinsing them before putting them in the dishwasher saves water.
Information about business-related programs and rebates regularly goes out in the Keep Current e-newsletter.