Your Account Your Account
Start or Stop Utility Service Start or Stop Utility Service
Contact Us Contact Us
Refrigerator/Freezer Recycling Rebate
Recycle and Save
Get paid to save energy. Recycle your old refrigerator or freezer and receive a check for $35. Plus, we'll arrange to have it hauled away for free.
While refrigerator and freezer efficiency has improved over the last 20 years, many old units are still in use, straining the power grid and your monthly utility bill.
This program makes it easy to reduce energy use, be environmentally responsible and have an old, bulky refrigerator removed at no cost.
Note: Appliance removal and recycling must be coordinated through ARCA Recycling to receive a rebate. Utilities partners with ARCA Recycling to ensure recycling complies with federal, state and local regulations. $35 check will be mailed within six weeks of pickup.
Schedule online or call 1-888-646-1657.
- Program Guidelines
- $35.00 rebate check per qualifying refrigerator and/or freezer*
- Applicant must be a Fort Collins Utilities residential electric customer
- Applicant must own the appliance
- Refrigerators and freezers must be regular household size (10-30 cubic feet)
- Appliance must be in working (cooling) order, empty, clean and plugged in at the time of pickup
- Water line must be disconnected
- Appliance will be picked up at no charge from your Fort Collins Utilities billing account address
- Two units maximum per household per calendar year
- Rebate check will be mailed within six weeks after appliance pick up
* Miniature and commercially sized refrigerators and freezers do not qualify. Any freezer must be a standalone unit. Efficiency Works reserves the right to revise program requirements and incentive levels at any time. Rebates are subject to availability.
- ARCA Recycling
ARCA has 38 years of experience in the appliance recycling and replacement industry, including 25 years of providing service to the electric utility industry.
Throughout our history, we have demonstrated the expertise to operate comprehensive energy efficiency programs in terms of design, scope and operation as well as developed equipment, processes and systems to lessen the negative impact of appliance disposal on the environment.
The state-of-the-art recycling services ARCA offers are designed to guarantee that every appliance collected through energy efficiency programs are fully demanufactured, and hazardous materials and components are removed, stored, transported and disposed of in an environmentally responsible manner and in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local rules and regulations.
Learn more about recycling commercial and large appliances.
Visit Flip Your Fridge to learn even more about the benefits of replacing your old fridge with a new ENERGY STAR certified model.