Your Account Your Account
Start or Stop Utility Service Start or Stop Utility Service
Contact Us Contact Us
Take advantage of daylight from windows and skylights.
Fort Collins Utilities Observes National Drinking Water Week, May 5-11
Posted on: May-02-2019FORT COLLINS, Colo. - Fort Collins Utilities will celebrate the safety, quality and reliability of local drinking water during Drinking Water Week, May 5-11.
Since the 1880s, Utilities has provided drinking water to community members and businesses in Fort Collins. From public health protection and fire suppression to the critical role water plays in supporting the local economy, Drinking Water Week recognizes the importance of quality water and the employees who provide it.
Fort Collins Utilities' drinking water facts:
- Our drinking water consistently exceeds state and federal standards for purity and quality.
- The Water Treatment Facility has a capacity of 87 million gallons per day. After treatment, the water is distributed through 525 miles of underground water lines.
- Utilities' Water Quality Lab responds to quality concerns 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- In 1984, eight years before the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) required corrosion control, Utilities implemented a successful corrosion control program to prevent the leaching of lead and copper from water pipes.
- The Water Treatment Facility achieved the 15-year Directors' Award from the Partnership for Safe Water in 2015.
- In 2016, the Water Treatment Facility received the prestigious "President's Award" and the distribution system was awarded the "Director's Award" from the American Water Works Association (AWWA) Partnership for Safe Water.
- In 2018, the water distribution and treatment systems were awarded the Association of Metropolitan Water Agencies Platinum Award for Utility Excellence.
- In 2018, the Water Treatment Facility provided 8.3 billion gallons of clean, safe drinking water to Fort Collins homes and businesses.
For more information, visit https://www.fcgov.com/water, email dXRpbGl0aWVzQGZjZ292LmNvbQ==, call 970-221-6692 or V/TDD 711.