Plant investment and development fees support supply and infrastructure associated with new development as well as improvements to current infrastructure.
These fees (summarized from Chapter 26 of the municipal code) apply to all development served by Fort Collins Utilities, whether inside or outside city limits. Information is provided for estimation purposes only.
Water, Wastewater and Stormwater
- Water Development Fees (includes water meter fees, plant investment fees (PIFs), and Water Supply Requirements (WSRs).
- To estimate the cost associated with the Water Supply Requirements, developments will be required to submit a Water Fee Form with the Final Development Plan (FDP). Information in the form should reference the information that is submitted on the corresponding plans (e.g., Landscape plan, Irrigation Plan, Utility Plan). Learn more about the Water Supply Requirements.
Development Review Charges (vary based on utility)
- Electric review charges are included in electric development fees.
- Water, wastewater and stormwater fees are collected through the review process.
- Learn more about Development Review Fees.
Did You Know?
You can save approximately 50¢ per load by drying your laundry during off-peak hours.
Opening curtains and shades during the winter can help the sun warm your home.
Cleaning your dryer filter regularly prevents lint build ups that can reduce airflow resulting in clothes not drying completely.