Your Account Your Account
Start or Stop Utility Service Start or Stop Utility Service
Contact Us Contact Us
College Avenue Waterline
Fort Collins Utilities replaced a 1930s 4-inch cast iron waterline in College Avenue from Mulberry to Buckeye streets (one block south of Pitkin Street) with 8-inch polyvinyl chloride (PVC) pipe.
Replacement of the 80-year old waterline enhanced water system reliability and improved fire protection in the area. The project occurred in advance of the Highway 287 (College Avenue) Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) paving project in 2015.
- Trenchless technologies were used to minimize overall construction and traffic impacts.
- 6,000 feet of new pipe was installed.
- New fire hydrants will increase fire protection for the area.
- Cross streets affected by the construction included Myrtle, Laurel, Garfield, Edwards, Pitkin and Buckeye Streets.
- The project finished on time and within budget.