Your Account Your Account
Start or Stop Utility Service Start or Stop Utility Service
Contact Us Contact Us
Bathe in half a tub of water.
Electric Meter Maintenance
As part of our commitment to reliability, accuracy, safety and quality, Fort Collins Utilities routinely maintains the infrastructure for all four utilities: water, wastewater, stormwater and electricity. Both Utilities crews and contractors work to construct infrastructure upgrades and perform maintenance activities.
The City's electric system and infrastructure includes the operation and maintenance of utility-owned electric meters. The following maintenance tasks ensure continued accurate and reliable measurement of energy consumption:
- Testing for accuracy on a regular basis
- Installing meter firmware with upgraded functionality for proper operation and communication with the smart meter system
- Inspecting meter sockets and enclosures regularly to identify potential safety issues
- As needed for accuracy and communication with smart meter network
- Proactively to:
- Support new rate structures
- Upgrade for functionality that cannot occur through firmware upgrades
- Address quality issues from the manufacturer
- Update to new industry standards and/or requirements