Your Account Your Account
Start or Stop Utility Service Start or Stop Utility Service
Contact Us Contact Us
Washing machines are most efficient when fully loaded. When doing partial loads, be sure to reduce the water volume. This saves water and assures your clothes are washed correctly. High Efficiency machines will adjust the water level automatically. Click here to learn more about high efficiency washing machines.
Electric Meter Maintenance
As part of our commitment to reliability, accuracy, safety and quality, Fort Collins Utilities routinely maintains the infrastructure for all four utilities: water, wastewater, stormwater and electricity. Both Utilities crews and contractors work to construct infrastructure upgrades and perform maintenance activities.
The City's electric system and infrastructure includes the operation and maintenance of utility-owned electric meters. The following maintenance tasks ensure continued accurate and reliable measurement of energy consumption:
- Testing for accuracy on a regular basis
- Installing meter firmware with upgraded functionality for proper operation and communication with the smart meter system
- Inspecting meter sockets and enclosures regularly to identify potential safety issues
- As needed for accuracy and communication with smart meter network
- Proactively to:
- Support new rate structures
- Upgrade for functionality that cannot occur through firmware upgrades
- Address quality issues from the manufacturer
- Update to new industry standards and/or requirements