Your Account Your Account
Start or Stop Utility Service Start or Stop Utility Service
Contact Us Contact Us
Mow bluegrass 2 1/2 " - 3" tall to promote deeper rooting and to shade the plant's root zone. Never cut more than 1/3 of the leaf blade.
Generate On-site Electricity
Parallel generation refers to the production of electricity directly by consumers rather than the purchase of it from an electric utility. If you generate electricity parallel to Fort Collins Utilities' grid, follow these steps:
1 - Before Purchasing Equipment
- Review Fort Collins' Interconnection Standards (PDF 353KB).
- Meet with Utilities staff early to review your plans.
- Submit a small solar parallel generation application and generating facility application (PDF 45KB). Contact your contractor and/or equipment manufacturer for assistance obtaining information required in the application.
- Check out information on Utilities' solar rebates, if applicable.
2- Sign Contractual Agreement
Utilities will develop an agreement to provide credit for the electricity you generate and address standby and other charges.
3- Purchase Equipment and Install System
Wait until application is approved and contractual agreement is signed.
4- Request Inspection from Fort Collins Utilities
This requirement is in addition to inspections by Fort Collins Building and Zoning.
- To schedule an inspection, call 970-212-2900 or email c29sYXItcmViYXRlc0BmY2dvdi5jb20=.
- If system fails inspection, complete required changes and request re-inspection.
- When system passes, receive Permit to Operate from Utilities.
5- Operate System and Receive Bill Credits