Your Account Your Account
Start or Stop Utility Service Start or Stop Utility Service
Contact Us Contact Us
Install "solar-control" windows in locations where windows are exposed to excess sun.
Toilet leaks are the most common type of leak found inside the home. Because this type of leak can be silent, it may go unnoticed. Perform a toilet dye test:
- Lift the tank cover.
- Place a few drops of food coloring (or a dye tablet) into the tank.
- Wait 15 minutes without flushing.
- If color appears in the bowl, you have a leak.
If you have a leak, check:
- Overflow tube: water should be a half-inch below the top of the tube.
- Lift chain: it should not catch on anything.
- Flapper: ensure it is seating properly.
- Flush handle: make sure it functions correctly.