Refrigerator/Freezer Recycling Rebate#
Recycle and Save
Get paid to save energy. Recycle your old refrigerator or freezer and receive a check for $35. Plus, we'll arrange to have it hauled away for free.
While refrigerator and freezer efficiency has improved over the last 20 years, many old units are still in use, straining the power grid and your monthly utility bill. This program makes it easy to reduce energy use and be environmentally responsible.
Schedule online or call 1-888-646-1657.
- Program Guidelines
- Applicant must be a Fort Collins Utilities electric customer
- $35.00 rebate check per qualifying refrigerator and/or freezer*
- Refrigerators and freezers must be regular household size (10-30 cubic feet) - no commercial equipment
- Applicant must own the appliance
- Appliance must be in working (cooling) order, empty, clean and plugged in at the time of pickup
- Water line must be disconnected
- Appliance will be picked up at no charge from your Fort Collins Utilities billing account address
- Two units maximum per household per calendar year
- Rebate check will be mailed within six weeks after appliance pick up
* Miniature and commercially sized refrigerators and freezers do not qualify. Any freezer must be a standalone unit. Our partner, Efficiency Works, reserves the right to revise program requirements and incentive levels at any time. Rebates are subject to availability.
Note: Appliance removal and recycling must be coordinated through ARCA Recycling to receive a rebate. Utilities partners with ARCA Recycling to ensure recycling complies with federal, state and local regulations. $35 check will be mailed within six weeks of pickup.
- ARCA Recycling
ARCA has 38 years of experience in the appliance recycling and replacement industry, including 25 years of providing service to the electric utility industry.
Throughout our history, we have demonstrated the expertise to operate comprehensive energy efficiency programs in terms of design, scope and operation as well as developed equipment, processes and systems to lessen the negative impact of appliance disposal on the environment.
The state-of-the-art recycling services ARCA offers are designed to guarantee that every appliance collected through energy efficiency programs are fully demanufactured, and hazardous materials and components are removed, stored, transported and disposed of in an environmentally responsible manner and in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local rules and regulations.
Visit Flip Your Fridge to learn even more about the benefits of replacing your old fridge with a new ENERGY STAR certified model.
Did You Know?
Turning off printers, copiers, coffee machines and other equipment at end of day saves energy.
Sink strainers can catch food waste to prevent expensive clogs and pipe backups.
Lowering the thermostat temperature on winter nights and when no one is home can save money and energy.