The May 19 deadline to apply for assistance has passed, but for the time being, the application is still available.
Esta información puede ser traducida, sin costo para usted. 970-212-2900
Payment Assistance for Commercial Customers Impacted by COVID-19#
Are you behind on your utility bills due to hardship related to the pandemic?
If your business is behind on its bill from Fort Collins Utilities due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, you may be eligible for financial assistance. Fort Collins Utilities has received $469,000 from Platte River Power Authority to directly support our customers in need.
Commercial customers may request financial assistance for past-due Fort Collins Utilities electric services.
- Apply early. Funds are limited, and applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The application deadline is Wednesday, May 19.
- Approved funds will be applied directly to commercial customer accounts as bill credits within seven business days.
- One electric account is allowed per application. If your business has multiple accounts, you are welcome to submit multiple applications.
- Call 970-212-2900 if you cannot complete the application online.
All legal types of businesses and organizations are eligible if they meet all of the criteria below. To receive assistance, commercial customers must:
- Have an electric account with Fort Collins Utilities.
- Have an owner with a lawful presence in the United States (U.S. citizen, legal permanent resident, or otherwise lawfully present in the U.S.).
- Have experienced economic hardship due to COVID-19.
- Business hardship, such as:
- Loss of revenue due to COVID-19.
- Employees unable to come to work due to COVID-19.
- Closing or reducing business hours due to COVID-19.
- Other hardships due to COVID-19 as applicable.
- Individual hardship, defined as adverse financial consequences as a result of you (the owner), your spouse, or a member of your household:
- Being quarantined, furloughed or laid off, or having work hours reduced due to COVID-19.
- Being unable to work due to lack of childcare due to COVID-19.
- Having pay or self-employment income reduced due to COVID-19.
- Having a job offer rescinded or start date for a job delayed due to COVID-19.
- Experiencing other hardships due to COVID-19 as applicable.
Eligible expenses include past-due balances for the electric portion of your Fort Collins Utilities bills. Fort Collins Utilities reserves the right to make the final determination on how much assistance you are eligible for.
Ineligible expenses include:
- Charges for current billing period
- Late fees, reconnection fees or payment reversal fees
- Water, wastewater, stormwater or broadband charges
- Green Energy charges
You'll need to provide the following information in order to complete the application:
- Account number (found on your bill or by calling 970-212-2900)
- Name of account holder or co-applicant
- Contact information of person filling out form (name, email and phone number)
- Service address with electric service
- How COVID-19 has impacted your business's ability to pay its utility bills
- The amount of assistance your business is requesting