Development Review Center: Reopening Information
In response to National, State, and Local Declarations of Emergency, we are temporarily changing how we provide our services:
Development Review Center has reopened in a limited capacity Monday - Thursday, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Virtual Services are still recommended when possible. In-person appointments are highly recommended.
The City remains committed to providing customer service during this time. Customers may contact us M-F 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. using the following information:
- Building Permitting | firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-221-6760
- Building Plan Review | email@example.com or 970-416-2757
- Zoning | firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-416-2745
- Development Review Coordinators | email@example.com or 970-221-6689
- Historic Preservation | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Planning | email@example.com or 970-416-4311
- Contractor Licensing | please submit electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org; payment will be collected over the phone at the time of processing
For more information on the City's coronavirus response, visit fcgov.com/coronavirus.
Entrance to the building will be from College Avenue, and visitors are asked to follow directional signs posted inside. All virtual services continue to be available, and we encourage you to use them if possible. For in-person service, appointments are recommended as response times may be longer due to reduced staff. All services may not be available in person. Appointments can be scheduled by contacting a department directly. For permits, we will have very specific information about scheduling 30 minute appointments.
NEW! Need answers fast? Use our new form to request the customized planning and development information you need. Click below to get started.
We help create and enhance a vibrant, world-class community by supporting efforts that define and realize our community's aspirations. We connect people, places, and services through innovative planning, partnerships, and forums for effective community engagement.
Land Use Code Audit#
In the fall of 2019, the City initiated a Land Use Code Audit process to identify the strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities in the Land Use Code as they relate to City Plan policy direction. Specific objectives for the process were to:
- Identify targeted updates to the Land Use Code that support the implementation of City Plan strategies;
- Explore and document how the City Plan goals and priorities outlined above are being addressed by peer communities within their development codes; and
- Identify characteristics of contemporary development codes that could be applied to improve the usability and functionality of the Land Use Code.
This Land Use Code Audit reflects the results of discussions with City staff and stakeholders who use the Land Use Code on a regular basis—e.g., local architects, planners, and landscape architects, builders, and housing organizations—as well as Clarion’s review of the current Land Use Code, understanding of code-related City Plan strategies, and experience drafting development codes for similar communities across the country.
The City does not intend to complete a major rewrite of the Land Use Code at this time. Rather, this document will serve as a guide for City staff and decision-makers as they work to implement incremental changes to the Land Use Code as resources allow.
Development Review Center#
The City's Development Review Center is experiencing high volumes of development review project submittals at this time. In order to maintain efficient project reviews and provide accurate, timely responses to inquiries, the City is enacting a series of measures related to the submittal process that may impact you as an applicant.
- Appointments are required for all submittals or resubmittals. Please call the Development Review Center at 970-221-6689 or emailDRCoord@fcgov.com to schedule an appointment time.
- Only complete submittals are accepted. Consistent with Land Use Code requirements, the submittal will be returned to the applicant if any required materials or application fees are missing or insufficient.
- All complete applications submitted Monday morning through Wednesday noon will be routed the same week. Submittals received after Wednesday noon will be routed the following week.
Please note that applications received earlier in the week will make it easier for Development Review Center staff to distribute plans to reviewing City departments and other referral agencies.
Building permit applications are accepted at any time during business hours, and without appointment.