Development Review Newsletter
Development Review Center
Important New Development Plan Submittal Info
The City’s Development Review Center is experiencing high volumes of development review project submittals at this time. In order to maintain efficient project reviews and provide accurate, timely responses to inquiries, please keep the following factors in in mind when you plan your submittal:
- Appointments are required for all submittals or resubmittals - call 970-416-2740 to schedule.
- Only complete submittals are accepted.
- Submittals received Monday morning through Wednesday noon will be routed the same week. Submittals received after Wednesday noon will be routed the following week.
IMPORTANT NEW DEVELOPMENT PLAN SUBMITTAL INFO
The City's Development Review Center is experiencing high volumes of development review project submittals at this time. In order to maintain efficient project reviews and provide accurate, timely responses to inquiries, the City is enacting a series of measures related to the submittal process that may impact you as an applicant.
- Appointments are required for all submittals or resubmittals. Please call the Development Review Center at 970-416-2740 to schedule an appointment time.
- Only complete submittals are accepted. Consistent with Land Use Code requirements, the submittal will be returned to the applicant if any required materials or application fees are missing or insufficient.
- All complete applications submitted Monday morning through Wednesday noon will be routed the same week. Submittals received after Wednesday noon will be routed the following week.
Please note that applications received earlier in the week will make it easier for Development Review Center staff to distribute plans to reviewing City departments and other referral agencies.
Building permit applications are accepted at any time during business hours, and without appointment.
This Week in Development Review
This webpage summarizes this week's neighborhood meetings, hearings and other development review related events. Want to get this info via email? Sign-up using the orange box to your upper right. Or you can visit fcgov.com/weekreview now.
Want to find out more about development proposals? Check out our sortable and searchable table of development proposals under review - you can search by the sign number, keyword, street name or number, and more.
Welcome to the Development Review Center
We are a “one-stop shop” for all of your development needs. And your one-stop point of contact will be a Project Planner. We hope this streamlines your development review which involves collaboration from many City departments and local agencies (for example, those providing telecommunications. emergency services and water). Wonder what development review is all about? Check out our user-friendly, guide to development review; from the "sketch-on-a-napkin" start all the way to the final Certificate of Occupancy. Visit fcgov.com/drg.
Citizen's Role in Development Review
We've created a flowchart to show a citizen’s role in development review “at-a-glance” with frequently asked questions on the reverse side. There is a complete multi-page guide as a more thorough "how-to" resource. Please share these handy tools showing all your opportunities to offer feedback and participate in development review with your neighbors. Both the flowchart and guide can be easily downloaded at fcgov.com/citizenreview.
Neighborhood Meeting Guide for Applicants
If you are holding a neighborhood meeting as part of your development review, this guide will help you prepare. The guide explains everyone's roles, how the meeting is run and what the applicant needs to bring. Let us know what you think. Visit step two of our Development Review Guide.
Applications, Plans & Labels Must be Digital
All applications and associated plans must now include digital copies on a disk or other storage device. This is in addition to the required hard copies. Affected Property Owner (APO) labels provided at the time of new application, are now required to be submitted in a Microsoft Excel format in addition to the hard copy labels.