Contact Information Contact Information
Subscribe to Reports and Newsletters Subscribe to Reports and Newsletters
Development Review Center: Reopening Information
In response to National, State, and Local Declarations of Emergency, we are temporarily changing how we provide our services:
Development Review Center will be reopening in a limited capacity Monday - Thursday, 9AM to 4PM.- Virtual Services are still recommended when possible. In-person appointments are highly recommended.
The City remains committed to providing customer service during this time. Customers may contact us M-F 8am-5pm using the following information:
- Building Permitting | YnVpbGRpbmdzZXJ2aWNlc0BmY2dvdi5jb20= or 970-221-6760
- Building Plan Review | YnVpbGRpbmdkb2NzQGZjZ292LmNvbQ== or 970-416-2757
- Zoning | em9uaW5nQGZjZ292LmNvbQ== or 970-416-2745
- Development Review Coordinators | ZHJjb29yZEBmY2dvdi5jb20= or 970-221-6689
- Historic Preservation | cHJlc2VydmF0aW9uQGZjZ292LmNvbQ==
- Planning | cGxhbm5pbmdAZmNnb3YuY29t or 970-416-4311
- Contractor Licensing | please submit electronically to Y29udHJhY3Rvcl9saWNlbnNpbmdAZmNnb3YuY29t; payment will be collected over the phone at the time of processing
For more information on the City's coronavirus response, visit fcgov.com/coronavirus.
Entrance to the building will be from College Avenue, and visitors are asked to follow directional signs posted inside. All virtual services continue to be available, and we encourage you to use them if possible. For in-person service, appointments are recommended as response times may be longer due to reduced staff. All services may not be available in person. Appointments can be scheduled by contacting a department directly. For permits, we will have very specific information about scheduling 30 minute appointments.
Building News and Updates!
- NEW! How to access your trust account.
- NEW! Procedure for Contemporaneous Reviews of Electrical and Plumbing Licenses
- Latest Roofing Info!
- Permits are required for re-roofs.
- Roofers must be licensed locally in the City of Fort Collins
- Class 4 impact requirements apply to:
- All structures with asphalt shingles including sheds and detached garages.
- When 50% or more of the roof is being replaced.
- Due to the extremely high volume of scheduled roof inspections, we are not able to perform next-day inspection for roofs. Roof inspections are currently scheduled several months out, and we are working to address staffing and resource challenges to address the high workload. Thank you for your patience.
Partial re-roofs (any size) are allowed - (no 1 square rule).
- What you need to know about Rentals in Fort Collins
- Adopted Building Codes
- Local Amendments to Codes
- Local Wind and Snow Loads
- Decks / Sheds / Patio Covers
- Solar / Re-Roofs
- Furnace / AC
- Remodels / Basement Finish
- New Homes / Additions
- Tenant Finish / Remodels
- New Construction
- Fees and Taxes
- Fee Calculator
- Permit Issuance to Project Close-Out
- Local contractor and trade licensing.
- Renew or Reinstate
- Become Licensed
Did you know...
Did you know that a short term rental requires a license? Learn more about our short term rental program.
Did you know it is illegal to improperly disturb asbestos containing materials? Learn more about State and Federal regulations on asbestos.
Did you know that 30-40% of the materials placed in the landfill each year are construction materials? Learn more about our construction waste mitigation program and where to recycle your materials.
Do you know if your property is in a mapped floodplain? Everyone has a flood risk: know yours.
Did you know that all development (new buildings, additions, remodels, grading filling, etc.) requires a separate floodplain use permit? Build responsibly: Know the floodplain regulations. Find out more.
Did you know that financial resources are available for designated historic properties? If your property is 50yrs or older it may be eligible. Learn more about historic designation and how to uncover and preserve the rich history of your property.
Did you know that Fort Collins has home occupancy limits? Learn more about occupancy limits prior to renting or leasing. Find out if your home can become an Extra Occupancy Rental Home.
Did you know that dust from construction activities poses a safety hazard and health risk? Learn how to prevent fugitive dust, view training resources and find out what is required of owners and operators.
Did you know that Fort Collins Utilities provides ongoing contractor training on a range of topics (e.g., lighting, HVAC, office efficiency, windows, solar), technical assistance and opportunities to receive continuing education credits? Together, we can make it easier than ever for local businesses to save money and conserve resources.