Contact Information Contact Information
Subscribe to Reports and Newsletters Subscribe to Reports and Newsletters
Building News and Updates
- COVID-19: Building Services
In response to National, State, and Local Declarations of Emergency, we are temporarily changing how we provide our services. For more information on the City's coronavirus response, visit fcgov.com/coronavirus.
Development Review Center is open in a limited capacity committed to providing customer service:
Hours: Monday - Thursday: 9am-12 noon; 1-4 p.m. (closed 12-1pm).
- Virtual services are available, and we encourage you to use them if possible.
- For in-person service, appointments are recommended as response times may be longer due to reduced staff. Some services may not be available in person. Appointments can be scheduled by contacting a department from the contact list below.
- Enter the building using doors on College Avenue.
- Visitors are asked to follow directional signs posted inside.
- Visitors must wear a mask over the nose and mouth.
- Building Permits | QnVpbGRpbmdTZXJ2aWNlc0BmY2dvdi5jb20= or 970-221-6760
- Submit permits by e-mail
- 30 min in-person permit application appointments can be scheduled if needed (see hours and instructions above).
- Building Code Plan Review | YnVpbGRpbmdkb2NzQGZjZ292LmNvbQ== or 970-416-2757
- Zoning | em9uaW5nQGZjZ292LmNvbQ== or 970-416-2745
- Development Review Coordinators | ZHJjb29yZEBmY2dvdi5jb20= or 970-221-6689
- Historic Preservation | cHJlc2VydmF0aW9uQGZjZ292LmNvbQ==
- Planning | cGxhbm5pbmdAZmNnb3YuY29t or 970-416-4311
- Contractor Licensing | please submit electronically to Y29udHJhY3Rvcl9saWNlbnNpbmdAZmNnb3YuY29t; payment will be collected over the phone at the time of processing
- New Electric Code Adoption!
2020 National Electric Code has been adopted, effective August 1st, 2020
- NEW! How to access your trust account.
- NEW! Procedure for Contemporaneous Reviews of Electrical and Plumbing Licenses
- Latest Roofing Info!
- What you need to know about Rentals in Fort Collins
- Adopted Building Codes
- Local Amendments to Codes
- Local Wind and Snow Loads
- Code Interpretations List
- Approved Alternate Materials and Methods List
- Decks / Sheds / Patio Covers
- Solar / Re-Roofs
- Furnace / AC
- Remodels / Basement Finish
- New Homes / Additions
- Tenant Finish / Remodels
- New Construction
- Fees and Taxes
- Fee Calculator
- Permit Issuance to Project Close-Out
- Local contractor and trade licensing.
- Renew or Reinstate
- Become Licensed
Did you know...
Did you know that a short term rental requires a license? Learn more about our short term rental program.
Did you know it is illegal to improperly disturb asbestos containing materials? Learn more about State and Federal regulations on asbestos.
Did you know that 30-40% of the materials placed in the landfill each year are construction materials? Learn more about our construction waste mitigation program and where to recycle your materials.
Do you know if your property is in a mapped floodplain? Everyone has a flood risk: know yours.
Did you know that all development (new buildings, additions, remodels, grading filling, etc.) requires a separate floodplain use permit? Build responsibly: Know the floodplain regulations. Find out more.
Did you know that financial resources are available for designated historic properties? If your property is 50yrs or older it may be eligible. Learn more about historic designation and how to uncover and preserve the rich history of your property.
Did you know that Fort Collins has home occupancy limits? Learn more about occupancy limits prior to renting or leasing. Find out if your home can become an Extra Occupancy Rental Home.
Did you know that dust from construction activities poses a safety hazard and health risk? Learn how to prevent fugitive dust, view training resources and find out what is required of owners and operators.
Did you know that Fort Collins Utilities provides ongoing contractor training on a range of topics (e.g., lighting, HVAC, office efficiency, windows, solar), technical assistance and opportunities to receive continuing education credits? Together, we can make it easier than ever for local businesses to save money and conserve resources.