Adopt a Natural Area
The Adopt-a-Natural Area Program provides opportunities for you to take an active part in the stewardship of local natural areas. By picking up litter, adopters enhance habitat for wildlife and native plants and increase visitor enjoyment.
Thank You Adopters!
|Site||Adopting group or individual|
|Arapaho Bend Natural Area||
|Bobcat Ridge Natural Area||Katherine Coonley|
|Butterfly Woods Natural Area||Steven Marler|
|Cathy Fromme Prairie Natural Area||
Craig and Joyce Bryant
|Cattail Chorus Natural Area||Leslie Cryan|
|Colina Mariposa Natural Area||Holyoke Street Homeowners|
|The Coterie Natural Area||Available for adoption|
|Cottonwood Hollow Natural Area||Charlie Sturgill|
|Coyote Ridge Natural Area||Available for adoption|
|Eagle View Natural Area||Welsh Animal Clinic, PC|
|Fischer Natural Area||
The Heath Family
|Fossil Creek Wetlands Natural Area||Dave Sudduth|
|Fossil Creek Reservoir Regional Open Space||James and Nancy Schuler|
|Gateway Natural Area||Anna Michl and Evelyn Juhasz|
|Gustav Swanson Natural Area||
Fort Collins Breakfast Rotary Club
|Kingfisher Point Natural Area||Morris Donnelson|
|Magpie Meander Natural Area||
Wendy Phillps Family
|Mallards Nest Natural Area||Francoise Smith|
|Maxwell Natural Area||Available for adoption|
|McMurry Natural Area||Available for adoption|
|North Shields Pond Natural Area||Global Visionaries|
|Pelican Marsh Natural Area||Dave Sudduth|
|Pineridge Natural Area||Available for adoption|
|Prospect Ponds Natural Area||Robert and Linda Vrooman|
|Red Fox Meadows Natural Area||
|Redtail Grove Natural Area||Diana Cassi|
|Redwing Marsh Natural Area||Anna Michl and Evelyn Juhasz|
|Reservoir Ridge Natural Area||Amy Casady|
|Riverbend Ponds Natural Area||Rick Willbanks|
|Rivers Edge Natural Area||Available for adoption|
|Ross and Fischer Natural Areas||
|Running Deer Natural Area||Charlie Sturgill|
|Salyer Natural Area||Available for adoption|
|Soapstone Prairie Natural Area (March-November)||Available for adoption|
|Springer Natural Area||Available for adoption|
|Sterling Natural Area||Available for adoption|
|Two Creeks Natural Area||Available for adoption|
|Udall Natural Area||Harry Rose and Carole Hossan|
|Williams Natural Area||Available for adoption|
WE NEED YOUR HELP
The City of Fort Collins Natural Areas Department manages thousands of acres of natural areas. By picking up litter, Adopt-a-Natural Area volunteers help enhance natural areas which provide habitat for native plants and animals. Volunteers are a vital component in the Natural Areas Department's stewardship and conservation efforts. We couldn't do it without you! For more detailed information call 970-416-2480 or send an to Susan Schafer.
Who Can Adopt a Natural Area?
Anybody interested in helping to keep the natural areas clean such as:
- church groups
- senior citizens groups
- homeowners' associations
- service clubs
- conservation organizations
Adopt-a-Natural Area Responsibilities and Rewards
- ONE YEAR COMMITMENT: The adopting organization commits to a one-year period of adoption. The organization may then renew, change, or terminate the agreement.
- PICK UP LITTER: The adopting group monitors the natural area for litter and commits to keeping it clean on a regular basis, usually once a month.
- KEEP A RECORD: The adopting organization keeps records of their volunteer hours and coordinates the date and time of visits to the adopted natural area with staff.
- REWARDS and RECOGNITION: Natural areas are special places in our community so volunteers feel great knowing that they are contributing to Natural Areas stewardship! Adopting a natural area is a great way to get to know one natural area in-depth. Visitors to your adopted site will appreciate your efforts too because everyone loves a clean natural area! You'll also be invited to our annual volunteer appreciation event which is a fun way to meet other volunteers and staff and be recognized for your service.
For more detailed information, contact Susan Schafer, City of Fort Collins Natural Areas Education and Volunteer Coordinator at 970-416-2480 or by .