Contact Information Contact Information
Natural Areas Newsletter Natural Areas Newsletter
You are invited to enjoy Ross Natural Area. On the southwest corner of Rolland Moore Park, this small site serves as an urban wildlife corridor. Try a family picnic at Rolland Moore Park followed by nature walk at Ross- off trail exploration is allowed. Ross is one of the older natural areas, purchased in 1978.
0.7 mile of the paved Spring Creek Trail (wheelchair accessible); 0.2 mile natural surface
5:00 a.m. 11:00 p.m.
Parking at Rolland Moore Park (2201 South Shields St.) and trail access from Spring Creek Trail.
Activities and Events
- Free educational activities and events in June-October are listed in the Natural Areas Explorer booklet guide.
- Last minute activity additions, trail recommendations and events offered between November-May are in our free monthly electronic newsletter- sign up on this page.
- Free educational programs at Ross Natural Area are available for groups by request, call the Master Naturalist Program at 970-224-6118 or email YWNobGVibmlrQGZjZ292LmNvbQ== .
- Know before you go safety and recreation information.
- Core Natural Areas Management Plan
- Special people have volunteered to take an active role in the stewardship of natural areas by doing monthly litter pick-ups. You can join the fun and adopt a natural area, too!
- Bird Checklist- Courtesy of Fort Collins Audubon Society