Natural Areas is Listening
Please share your input on how ten Urban Zone natural areas and local natural spaces are managed, including Fischer Natural Area.
Your feedback will inform the priorities and tactics that will appear in the draft Zone Update.
Everyone is also invited to share input at drop-in events on April 23 at Twin Silos Park, May 6 at Red Fox Meadows, and June 18 at Shields Street River Access.
You are invited to enjoy Ross Natural Area. On the southwest corner of Rolland Moore Park, this small site serves as an urban wildlife corridor. Try a family picnic at Rolland Moore Park followed by nature walk at Ross- off trail exploration is allowed. Ross is one of the older natural areas, purchased in 1978.
Ross K Manderbach
Parking at Rolland Moore Park (2201 South Shields St.) and trail access from Spring Creek Trail.
Activities and Events#
- Free educational activities and events in June-October are listed in the Natural Areas Explorer booklet guide.
- Last minute activity additions, trail recommendations and events offered between November-May are in our free monthly electronic newsletter- sign up on this page.
- Check out the Natural Areas Learning Library for some great self-guided activities.
- Know before you go safety and recreation information.
- Core Natural Areas Management Plan
- Special people have volunteered to take an active role in the stewardship of natural areas by doing monthly litter pick-ups. You can join the fun and adopt a natural area, too!
- Bird Checklist- Courtesy of Fort Collins Audubon Society