Water Utility Consultant/Purchasing Coordinator,
Who are the employees at the City of Fort Collins? Our organization is full of world class people with world class commitment. Providing service is more than just a job, it's a source of pride and City of Fort Collins employees do it better than most.
Each year "World Class People" recognizes City workers for their outstanding service, teamwork, individuality, and creativity. It's a chance to show the community who we are, not just what we do. Our organization is fortunate to have employees who take pride in their work, care about this community and see their job as way to make a difference in Fort Collins.
- "I truly love the people I work with and appreciate being able to work with them everyday. I also really like being able to have a positive impact on at least one person in our community every day. I just really like being able to help people work through a problem and find a resolution!" ~ 2008 Honoree Beth Sowder, Neighborhood and Building Services
- "I really enjoy the variety in my position. You never know what is coming around the corner, but I must say that the best thing about my job is the folks I work with. I have always said that if you surround yourself with good people then good things will happen. Good things happen every day in the Parks Department and it all starts with the employees. I am proud to be associated with them." ~ 2008 Honoree Mike Calhoun, Parks
- "I love working for an organization that has the ability to directly impact the community that I live in." ~ 2009 Honoree Suzanne Jarboe-Simpson, Management Information Services
- "It's the willingness of the City as a whole – organizationally and communitywide – to continually question and debate choices for our future that makes this community great. I love being a part of it." ~ 2010 Honoree Timothy Wilder, Advance Planning
The City of Fort Collins' vision is, "To provide world-class municipal services through operational excellence and a culture of innovation."
We believe our dedicated employees have contributed to recognition for our community:
- Ranked No. 9 of 2015's "Top 10 Healthiest Cities": Livability.com - Apr 2015
- Ranked No. 3 in College Ranker's "50 Best College Towns to Live in Forever" list: College Ranker - Mar 2015
- Ranked No. 6 in NerdWallet's "America's Most Innovative Tech Hubs": NerdWallet - Feb 2015
- Top-10 City in the 2014 Digital Cities Survey: Center for Digital Government's Digital Communities Program - Nov 2014
- Winner of the Outstanding Service to Environmental Education by an Organization at the Local Level Award: North American Association for Environmental Education (NAAEE) - Nov 2014
- No. 24 Best Place to Live: Livability.com - Nov 2014
- Finalist for the Best of the Web Awards: Center for Digital Government - Oct 2014
- No. 1 In The Country By Let's Move! For Healthy Efforts: National League of Cities - Sep 2014
- 10 Great College Towns to Retire To: Kiplinger - Sep 2014
- 9th Best Bike City: Bicycling Magazine - Sep 2014
- America's Safest Driving City: Allstate - Aug 2014
- America's Most Satisfied City: Time - May 2014