A popular foothills natural area where visitors can enjoy city views, foothills terrain, a reservoir and beautiful forest- all close to home. This popular hiking, fishing and biking area is one of the original City of Fort Collins natural areas (acquired in 1976). There is something for everyone at Pineridge!
There are 7 miles of soft surface including a loop around Dixon Reservoir (1.8 miles). Pineridge is the southern end of the 9.6 mile Foothills Trail. The Foothills Trail connects Pineridge, Maxwell and Reservoir Ridge natural areas. Trail markers show you the way. Biking on the Foothills Trail is for the experienced cyclist- the trail is challenging. Pineridge Trail Map >>>
5:00 a.m. 11:00 p.m.
The main parking lot is on County Rd 42C approximately mile south of Hughes Stadium (2 horse trailer parking spots available, the approximate address is 2750 County Road 42C, Fort Collins). There is also parking at the west end of Horsetooth Road (through Spring Canyon Community Park). Pineridge also can be accessed from the Maxwell Natural Area parking lot off County Rd 42C. Please do not park along CR 42C roadway.
Activities and Events
- Free educational activities and events in June-October are listed in the Tracks & Trails booklet guide.
- Last minute activity additions, trail recommendations and events offered between November-May are in our free monthly electronic newsletter- sign up on this page.
- Free educational programs at Pineridge Natural Area are available for groups by request, call the Master Naturalist Program at 970-224-6118 or email c2tlbm5leUBmY2dvdi5jb20= .
- Know before you go safety and recreation information.
- Trail Map
- This site has been adopted by Carrie Visintainer and Chris, Jake, and Elise Imsland- thank you for your litter pick-up efforts! By picking up litter, volunteer adopters enhance habitat for wildlife and native plants while increasing fellow visitors' enjoyment.
- Foothills Natural Areas Management Plan
- Fishing information