Goose Hollow is an excellent fishing and birding spot! Geese nest on the banks of the pond and on several small islands. A variety of ducks and songbirds use Goose Hollow throughout the year. Black crowned night herons and pelicans are often spotted here. Goose Hollow Natural Area is leased in partnership with Fort Collins Housing Authority to provide public access to Evergreen West Pond.
Goose Hollow Natural Area site sign
Evergreen West Pond is part of Goose Hollow Natural Area
Canada geese nest on the banks of the pond and on a small island
A natural surface trail surrounds ¾ of the pond to provide access for pedestrians and bikes.
This 4-acre site is located in northeast Fort Collins, north of Conifer Street, between Blue Spruce Drive and Redwood Street. The site is accessible from a trail on the north side of the Village at Redwood neighborhood. Bike and pedestrian access only. Goose Hollow Natural Area has no entrance fee.
Events and Activities#
- Find free educational activities and events year-round on the Events Calendar. Activities and events in June-October are also listed in the Natural Areas Explorer.
- Learn about special events and activities each month by subscribing to the Natural Areas e-newsletter.
- Check out the Natural Areas Learning Library for self-guided activities.
- Know before you go safety and recreation information.
- Special people have volunteered to take an active role in the stewardship of natural areas by doing monthly litter pick-ups. You can join the fun and adopt a natural area, too!
- Plant List for Goose Hollow Natural Area. Volunteers were critical in making the list possible, thank you!
- Goose Hollow is one site in the Core Natural Areas Management Plan
- Bird Checklist- Courtesy of Fort Collins Audubon Society