Natural Areas is Listening
Please share your input on how ten Urban Zone natural areas and local natural spaces are managed, including Fischer Natural Area.
Your feedback will inform the priorities and tactics that will appear in the draft Zone Update.
Everyone is also invited to share input at drop-in events on April 23 at Twin Silos Park, May 6 at Red Fox Meadows, and June 18 at Shields Street River Access.
Goose Hollow is an excellent fishing and birding spot! Geese nest on the banks of the pond and on several small islands. A variety of ducks and songbirds use Goose Hollow throughout the year. Black crowned night herons and pelicans are often spotted here. Goose Hollow Natural Area is leased in partnership with Fort Collins Housing Authority to provide public access to Evergreen West Pond.
Goose Hollow Natural Area site sign
Evergreen West Pond is part of Goose Hollow Natural Area
Canada geese nest on the banks of the pond and on a small island
A natural surface trail surrounds ¾ of the pond to provide access for pedestrians and bikes.
This 4-acre site is located in northeast Fort Collins, north of Conifer Street, between Blue Spruce Drive and Redwood Street.The site is accessible from a trail on the north side of the Village at Redwood neighborhood. Bike and pedestrian access only.
Events and Activities#
- Free educational activities and events from June-October are listed in the Natural Areas Explorer booklet.
- Last minute activity additions, trail recommendations and events offered between November-May are in our free monthly electronic newsletter- sign up on this page.
- Check out the Natural Areas Learning Library for some great self-guided activities.
- Know before you go safety and recreation information.
- Special people have volunteered to take an active role in the stewardship of natural areas by doing monthly litter pick-ups. You can join the fun and adopt a natural area, too!
- Plant List for Goose Hollow Natural Area. Volunteers were critical in making the list possible, thank you!
- Goose Hollow is one site in the Core Natural Areas Management Plan
- Bird Checklist- Courtesy of Fort Collins Audubon Society