Natural Areas is Listening
Please share your input on how ten Urban Zone natural areas and local natural spaces are managed, including Mallards Nest Natural Area.
Your feedback will inform the priorities and tactics that will appear in the draft Zone Update.
Everyone is also invited to share input at drop-in events on April 23 at Twin Silos Park, May 6 at Red Fox Meadows, and June 18 at Shields Street River Access.
Not only is Mallard's Nest Natural Area along an enjoyable section of Spring Creek Trail, but, as its name suggests, its a good place for duck-watching. The mallards typical quack, quack, quack, blends melodically with the restful sounds of the flowing creek. Remember to just watch, but not feed, the ducks so they don't loose their fear of people and become aggressive.
Mallard Ducks on one log
Mallards Nest is along the Spring Creek Trail, between Spring Park and the east Stuart Street underpass. The approximate address is 507 East Stuart Street, Fort Collins. The nearest parking is at Spring Park.
Activities and Events#
- Free educational activities and events in June-October are listed in the Natural Areas Explorer booklet guide.
- Last minute activity additions, trail recommendations and events offered between November-May are in our free monthly electronic newsletter- sign up on this page.
- Check out the Natural Areas Learning Library for some great self-guided activities.
- Know before you go safety and recreation information.
- Core Natural Areas Management Plan
- Special people have volunteered to take an active role in the stewardship of natural areas by doing monthly litter pick-ups. You can join the fun and adopt a natural area, too!